Lost 2/2/10 LA X (Parts 1 and 2) Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jkeegan, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 #1 of 380
    jkeegan

jkeegan Active Member

Oct 16, 2000
    Methuen,...

Advertisements

1st hour over.... !!!

2. Feb 2, 2010 #2 of 380
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I LOVE IT! I went thru the first half hour with goosebumps! Arzt!!!

3. Feb 2, 2010 #3 of 380
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Sucks being on the west coast this week!!!!

4. Feb 2, 2010 #4 of 380
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Liked the first half and now regret watching this junk. Last thing I want is a temple and new stupid characters. All the questions payoffs are lame and the hair styles on the alternate plane 815 ride are so off base along with missing characters. LAME!

5. Feb 2, 2010 #5 of 380
    Paperboy2003

Paperboy2003 Wasting time here

Mar 30, 2004
    Randolph,...

Advertisements

Welcome back...

Liked what they did with Locke...I wonder where home is?!

6. Feb 2, 2010 #6 of 380
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    What is LA X?

LAX is the L.A. airport. But with the space? The X?

7. Feb 2, 2010 #7 of 380
    pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Pretty sure it denotes an alternate timeline. Like there is LA, then LA X. Seems that there has been something that used this nomenclature before, but it's escaping me.

EDIT:
    Ah ha! Earth X

8. Feb 2, 2010 #8 of 380
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Not impressed....it's officially jumped the shark (if it already hadn't). It better get better or I anticipate a final season like BSG....

9. Feb 2, 2010 #9 of 380
    crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It's an alternate time line who gives a rats ass if the hair styles don't match...obviously there are changes,
    Hurley is happy, Boone doesn't have his sister, Charlie lives...Desmond on the plane and then not....

10. Feb 2, 2010 #10 of 380
    pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    And to further expound on the Earth X line of thought...

I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of what we've seen so far of "LA X"--everyone we've come to know and love has a pretty crappy situation to come back to (except maybe Hurley, has his luck turned?).

11. Feb 2, 2010 #11 of 380
    Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Seems pretty obvious they're setting up Jack and Sawyer to parallel Jacob and pseudo-Locke.

12. Feb 2, 2010 #12 of 380
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Have faith, brother.

13. Feb 2, 2010 #13 of 380
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I seriously doubt most anybody is going to really be happy however Lost resolves (or, more likely, leaves hanging) their storylines. I'm just sort of happy it's going to come to some sort of close and we can be done with it.

That said, it was an unexpected bonus to see Boone again. Most of the rest of the episode(s) sucked, though... well, I guess Sayid coming back to life was good. Though I challenge anybody to claim they weren't expecting it to happen. :)

14. Feb 2, 2010 #14 of 380
    mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    So is this season gonna take place on the island and off? All season? I originally had the sense that the LAX stuff was simply like a "what if" fantasy sequence, showing them actually landing, etc, and then we'd resume with the on-island stuff, but they spent a lot of time in 2004 and they seemed to be setting up story lines. It would be insane if they tried doing both story-lines all season--it's all the same actors.

I even thought that maybe all the survivors would end up on the island anyway (as if to throw it in our face that you cannot, in fact, beat destiny), but they went out of their way to show us that in that timeline, there is no island--it's at the bottom of the ocean.

Total Mind F***.

15. Feb 2, 2010 #15 of 380
    jkeegan

jkeegan Active Member

Oct 16, 2000
    Methuen,...
    Love that the smoke monster / black shirt guy / fake Locke wants to go home.

Home is either away from earth or back to some really far future that it wandered onto the island from, just to get stuck on the island.

The comic book that Walt was reading from season 1 dealt with a trapped very intelligent alien, kept by the government in a bunker (I believe on an island, I need to go find that comic). I always hoped they'd tie this back into that.

I'm fascinated by the lack of resolution of the problem of how we're able to see a 2004 where the plane-lands/the-island-is-at-the-bottom-of-the-sea/hurley-is-lucky and yet still see a 2007 where the hatch remains were still there and the 815 stewardess was still with the Others. We're seeing two timelines? Or are we seeing an alternate version of 2004 that will be made to undo itself eventually to resolve to the first version we saw? After the great loose-end resolutions from season 5, I have 100% confidence that all of this new stuff already has a satisfying planned resolution.

I can't believe we didn't figure out that the guitar case had an ankh.

I can't believe we didn't figure out that Jack, being a SPINAL SURGEON, would have interest in a wheelchair-bound John Locke. I'd have thought that we'd have at least once said something like "Too bad Jack didn't meet him before the flight" or something.

Sayid waking up alive doesn't have any of my interest yet. So far that feels weak. Maybe they put up the sand a bit too late and he got in (which would only work if smokey could split and be in two places at once - otherwise they went out of their way to show us with the flare that smokey was faaar away when they laid down the sand).

I'd suspected and guessed last season that Ben's daughter was the smoke monster, and after the finale guessed that black shirt guy and Locke were the smoke monster too. Glad to see it so clearly confirmed and labeled. I'm disappointed in myself though for not having previously thought of even one more fact to convince me of that - the Locke impersonator knew Locke's history (of what had happened to him on and off the island), AND we knew that the smoke monster could read minds (when the camera went inside the smoke monster and we saw flashes from Eko's childhood).. Another link.

During the episode I called out to my wife that we should be able to compare the stories of what we heard on THIS flight 815 with what we knew before, and see details of exactly WHAT blackshirt/smokey "had to go through to get" there in the foot with Jacob.

16. Feb 2, 2010 #16 of 380
    jkeegan

jkeegan Active Member

Oct 16, 2000
    Methuen,...
    Should have had a pool on how long it would take before someone would claim it jumped the shark or called it lame. Damn, lost opportunity.

17. Feb 2, 2010 #17 of 380
    mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I said the exact same thing when Jack made that comment--five previous seasons and not once did that ever cross my mind.

I thought he was referring to all the stuff that led to Locke's death which allowed him to impersonate Locke, gain the others trust, lead him to the statue, and convince Ben to kill Jacob. My guess was that Black Shirt was responsible for facilitating most of the events, if not all of them, that led to that moment, for that exact purpose. It's a stretch, but the only thing that makes sense at this point.

What doesn't make sense is what Black shirt had to be led to Jacob's location, when it seemed obvious from the opening of last season's finale that he he knew it where it was. Why go through the trouble. Just grab Ben, bring him in, and do your thing.

18. Feb 2, 2010 #18 of 380
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That is exactly what I thought. That the series will end with the island restored in the care of Jack and Sawyer.

19. Feb 2, 2010 #19 of 380
    tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Cindy said "they were on the FIRST plane". So another plane crashed on the island also.

20. Feb 2, 2010 #20 of 380
    sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    LA X is of course the L.A. TEN...there will be 10 people who survive the attempt to make it from the plane to the baggage carousel and then from there acquire safe passage home on public transit in the greater Los Angeles area....
    Geez...
    who didn't see that jack had his pen stolen..and then when charlie was choking he couldn't find his pen...I was SOO hoping Sayid would pull out a box cutter