Loss Of Sound When I Access TIVO Central

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by 4mula1Z, Sep 11, 2014.

1. 4mula1Z

4mula1Z New Member

Sep 5, 2014

Advertisements

Sorta Newbie here, Returning to TIVO after 15 of Comcast DVR. Anyway. Every time I click the TIVO button to go into TIVO Central, the sound mutes for a second. Is this normal, and if not, how do I fix it?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    It's a pretty common occurrence for me as well. It's a bug that's been around for a while and I guess everyone has just gotten used to it and stopped mentioning it.

My setup uses HDMI for audio and audio output is set to PCM.

3. timgt

timgt New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I am wondering the same thing. I just setup my Roamio this week and the same thing is happening to mine! It also has the second or so mute every now and then while watching TV. It seems to happen probably about once an hour just like it does when I enter and exit the Tivo Central. This has me concerned.

Also I hooked up 2 mini's and 1 of them has already frozen and changing the channel made it play for another 5 seconds or so before freezing again. The only way to remedy it was unplugging and replugging my Roamio back in. I am starting to worry that something is wrong with my Roamio.

4. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Same here, kinda gave up. It's worse (takes longer to recover) when set to Dolby Digital.

5. ejasons

ejasons New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Beaverton,...

Advertisements

It shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but I still slightly inwardly cringe whenever I go into a menu that will result in the loss of audio. Seems very unrefined to me...

6. Time_Lord

Time_Lord Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Question, what is your video set to? E.g. 480, 720 & 1080? Out just one value? Try setting it to a single value, the highest your tv supports.

-TL

7. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    I've set mine to 1080i/p fixed resolution, same result.