Loss of network and cannot access recordings

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by nocomp, Mar 29, 2011.

1. nocomp

nocomp New Member

Jan 31, 2003
    down south
    Hello

Several times recently I have had a network lost message instead of the discovery
    bar in the home menu

The network comes back later but I cannot access my recordings when the network is lost

Any ideas as to why ? What access control is placed on recordings on my TiVo that stops me accessing them when the network is lost

Many thanks

No comp

2. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    London, England
    I had this at the weekend and thought the same as you. However if you read the message that appears when you press OK on a program it does say something along the lines of "Press Play to watch a recorded program"
    Took me a while to actually read it properly :rolleyes: but then instead of pressing OK on a program I pressed Play and voila recorded program started fine. :)

3. nocomp

nocomp New Member

Jan 31, 2003
    down south
    Ok remind me what's the play button now called on the virgin TiVo remote?

4. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    London, England
    Errr, Play :cool: It's the one with the > above pause

5. nocomp

nocomp New Member

Jan 31, 2003
    down south
    D'oh thought it might be another button a la s1 TiVo

Many thanks

6. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Tivo / Virgin aren't unique in this we found if Sky lost the signal due to bad weather we also couldn't watch back any pre-recorded programs.

While it's annoying it seems to be the 'done' thing?

7. Digital Fanatic

Digital Fanatic Virgin Media Staff

Feb 16, 2011
    It's to prevent it being used off-net.

8. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It means there is never a decrypted copy anywhere to be pirated. The encrypted version is stored on the disk, and decrypted when you play.

9. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    It would be good if the box could at least remember it's authorized for a couple of hours, then at least you can watch something while waiting for the network to come back.

10. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    London, England
    I had no problem watching a recorded program over the weekend when the network was down. As I said above all you need to do is press the Play button when the program is highlighted and the program will start directly.

I think the problem when the network is down is that it can't pick up all the info you usually get when you press OK with a program highlighted.