Losing Sat 2 on fairly young SIR-S4080R

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Sdstrbr, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Sdstrbr

Sdstrbr New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Santa...

Advertisements

;) Replaced our older (7 yr) Samsung DirecTivo DVR with the same (found on Amazon 'new' about 3 yrs ago) and sadly, the new one is exhibiting the same 'Searching for Sat 2' and pixellating symptons as the older one.

We do have one last living DirecTivo (a Hughes XCEBOT) in the house, which shows both signals perfectly, so I know it's not the dish or the connection.... Is there ANYTHING we can do to save the two failing Samsung DVRs? They run fine on one satellite input, but the whole point of having them is that we use the Tivo 2 live channel options.... I've seen people talk about changing out the hard drive, so if that's the problem, I am willing to try that..... Heeeeeeelllllllppppppp..... I don't want to succomb to the having to buy HD DirecTv before they add the Tivo technology (yes, I am waiting like everyone else!)

Thanks everybody, Beth
    :cool:

2. ss_sea_ya

ss_sea_ya New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Alexandria, VA

This sounds like your problem:

Help please - Tuner gone bad on a series 2 (This post is where the fixes begin to be described). Ignore the repairs about the power supply).

It is like $1.50 part to add in, but takes some skill to solder it in. Have a friend thats good at it do it for you. Any questions, just post under that topic - it still is relavent and people still post there.