Losing EMM's after reboot, CC2 never gets any

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Idolwild, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Idolwild

Idolwild New Member

Mar 2, 2003

Advertisements

Man Comcast should be paying ME at this point. I have had 3 installers come out so far, all giving up and numerous calls into Comcast. I have a new TivoHD with 8.1.7b software, 2x SA cablecards.

My current situation as of today (I refuse to give up) is both CC's successfully paired (CP reports "CP Auth Received" on both). CC1 has 48 EMM tickets (I have called Comcast a few times now and have had them hit it repeatedly). CC2 is stuck at 2 EMM tickets, even though they have hit that one as many times. Barely any channels visible on that one.

I'm scared to reboot because it seems that both CC's lose all EMM tickets after I do that - should they be holding on to these? Are they supposed to persist?

Is CC2 bad since it can't seem to get more than 2 tickets?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    It is perfectly normal for the cards to lose the emm count after a reboot. You will lose them after a couple of days. When the billing system runs you will get more emm's. Your problem with cablecard 2 is with their database. If you can talk to someone in their dncs I can PM you the command line for them to fix card 2.

3. Idolwild

Idolwild New Member

Mar 2, 2003
    OK here is what confuses me then. It seems when I reboot and both CC's come up and have 0 EMM's, I get no channels. This situation persists until I call Comcast and tell them to hit the cards (then I get channels).

What IM network are you on?

4. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    You want the "SUBSCRIBED" message to come up on the CC screen.

Channels can take a few minutes to show up (up to 5 or 10 sometimes).

If you have low signal strength, you might never get them.

5. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin

Advertisements

Subscribed is a message that Moto cards give. SA cards must have "CP Authorized" to show proper pairing.

6. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    Oh wow, I just assumed he had Moto cards, since I thought Comcast was using Moto cards everywhere. Sorry!