looking for an out of production wireless adaptor for a series 2 Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by simbagottlieb, Jun 7, 2007.

1. simbagottlieb

simbagottlieb New Member

Jun 7, 2007

Advertisements

I have a series two TIVO that I have not hooked up in two years and I just tried to install it. It will not connect to the Tivo network via dial-up despite the support of their tier 2 techs. Their advice was to network the TIVO into my wireless broadband network at home but I would need an older Linksys wireless adaptor - either the linksys 100tx or Linksys USB200M Ver. 1 (Ver 2 won't work). I searched online for these adaptors but they are out of production and I can't even find them on Ebay. Any suggestions!? Jason

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Check the TiVo website.

3. simbagottlieb

simbagottlieb New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    I did - it told me what models I needed but not where I can find one for sale.

4. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
  5. simbagottlieb

simbagottlieb New Member

Jun 7, 2007

Advertisements

thanks checked those out but they are both version 2 - I will continue the hunt!

6. ScottUrman

ScottUrman Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Will the Tivo wireless adapter work with the software version you have installed currently?

7. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Those are not wireless adapters, they are wired adapters. That's probably why you couldn't find any on ebay.
    The list of compatible wireless adapters can be found here
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=56cc9bdc-b292-448e-a6c3-2e55fc03c89f
    Since your Tivo hasn't connected in 2 years, you may have a software version that's older than version 7.1, so keep that in mind because some of them such as the Tivo branded adapter require v7.1 or later, but any that don't state that requirement will work.

You can check your software version on the system information screen of your Tivo.