Looking for a NAS-compatible TiVo box

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sybernut, Jul 29, 2018.

1. sybernut

sybernut New Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Hello
    My efforts to download videos from my dcx900 TiVo box from Cogeco here in Ontario has resulted in a dead end and I'm tempted to take the advice of some members here and purchase a TiVo that allows downloads. As mentioned, I'm also looking for a general-purpose NAS so I guess e.g. the ReadyNAS might do the trick, as per articles Ive read on here... is the Bolt the only TiVo device that will allow downloads to it, or are there others as well? Thank you in advance for any advice and NAS & TiVo device recommendations.

Apologies if this topic is already to be found elsewhere.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    As mentioned in your previous thread Looking for NAS for dcx900 TiVo the ONLY device is the NetGear ReadyNAS line and even then it will NOT backup any newer Tivo running the Hydra or "new experience" interface so it's days of being useful are diminishing, that's the only PnP solution.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So it's not automatic or anything.. but you COULD use kmttg on a machine to download to a NAS, then pytivo to get the shows back to the Tivo.. but I think that doesn't work with Hydra either. (The downloading part supposedly does, the going BACK to the Tivo doesn't..)