Looking for 4 digit code for remote to control LG OLED65E6P

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by stubarrett, Jul 31, 2017.

1. stubarrett

stubarrett Member

Oct 30, 2003

Advertisements

OK, just got a new LG OLED65E6P TV and when I look at controlling the TV (e.g. power, volume, etc) with my Tivo Remote the setup presents a list of 21 4 digit codes to "try" and see if one works.

WTF??

I've searched the net and this forum without success. I have an old Tivo-HD so I'm worried that it does not support the new LG TV (with "magic" remote), but sure don't want to take the time to go through 21 numbers to prove that!

Anyone know how I can find the right code, if one exists, w/o trial and error?

Thanks, Stu

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I don't have the code at hand, but you should not have an issue, the E6 uses a standard set of commands LG has used for years. just start with the first codes and work through them, on my RF remote I don't recall it taking more than 3 or four deep to get the right one.

mdavej likes this.
  3. ffitzgerald39

ffitzgerald39 Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Buffalo...
    I have a similar OLED. You should make sure you go into the TV OS menu to connections and set the set top box to Tivo and the proper service provider. Then use the first LG code listed. The Tivo will control the TV and the LG remote will control the Tivo

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I would not recommend this approach as a first step, the first should be just getting the Tivo remote to run the TV, the OP can look into letting the LG control the Tivo, but it's not something I would suggest lightly.

5. stubarrett

stubarrett Member

Oct 30, 2003

Advertisements

Thanks guys, the first or second numbers worked!!

Stu

dianebrat likes this.
  6. dalesd

dalesd Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Massachusetts
    I just set up my LG B7 and the first code worked for me. 0011

And 1041 worked for my Denon 2300 receiver. Also the first code.

7. ScottB-Van

ScottB-Van New Member

Mar 11, 2021
    FYI, the code for our new LG OLED77CXPUA was 0346. Cheers.