Look at your bill

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by robertwhee, Sep 10, 2007.

1. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I changed my programming a couple of months ago to the new Choice HD DVR package which is supposed to include DVR service and I just noticed on my bill that Direct tv was still billing me 5.99 for DVR service. When I called them they took the charge off but I also lost my DVR service. They had to fiddle with my account before they could get it to work again. The CSR said she wasn't sure if I will be billed again next month and to make sure I check my bill. If they are billing everyone for this I see a class action suit in the future.

2. Mark Lopez

Mark Lopez Just click ignore

Jan 1, 2000
    Hondo TX

Good grief! Here we go again with the 'let's file a lawsuit' every time there is either a simple data entry error or some other benign cause. :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

3. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I was just saying if this is an issue that a lot of people are having then Direct tv should be held accountable. If it is a simple data error then no big deal and move on. But since the CSR couldn't tell me for sure if I was going to get charged for the DVR service again next month I think it is more than just a data entry problem

4. Bitz69

Bitz69 New Member

Jul 29, 2000

Welcome to sue happy America, where we give up our freedoms one lawsuit at a time.

5. Mark Lopez

Jan 1, 2000
    Hondo TX
    If it was was even a small issue we would have heard about it in at least a dozen threads.

And yes, I believe companies should be accountable, but the 'class action lawsuit' solution gets tossed out way too often IMO. Most of the time when there is zero basis for one other than some disgruntled customer who doesn't take the time to try and resolve it civilly with the CS rep. Usually these are the folks who rant and rave and then wonder why the CS person files their complaint in the circular bin.

And from your original post it sounds like they promptly fixed the problem and went so far as to suggest checking to make sure it was done to your satisfaction and there was not some glitch that still needed attention. Where does that warrant a 'class action lawsuit'?

6. Sir_winealot

Sir_winealot Seenyer Member

Nov 18, 2000

Sheesh, where did he say it "warranted" a class action suit? It's pretty clear that he was simply making a statement that "IF they were billing everyone...."

He wasn't advocating a lawsuit, simply making a comment. Lighten up.

7. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Thank you, someone finally understands my point.

8. Mark Lopez

Jan 1, 2000
    Hondo TX
    Well, let's see he said:

He could have easily made his point without even bringing up a class action lawsuit. But that (lawsuit) seems to be this generation's philosophy for every error a company makes. If anyone needs to 'lighten up', it the lawsuit obsessed people.

9. Sir_winealot

Nov 18, 2000

Some people find it necessary to pick apart other's posts ...word by word ...thereby confusing and twisting the true meaning behind a simple, innocuous statement.

;)

10. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Only Country in the World where someone yells Lawsuit everytime a mistake happens.

Get over it.

11. MNTivoGuy

MNTivoGuy New Member

Oct 21, 2002
    If you guys dont stop fighting, I am suing you all for emotional distress.

12. alaskahill

alaskahill New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    If I join in can we make it a class action lawsuit

13. Sir_winealot

Nov 18, 2000
    Good grief! Here we go again with the 'let's file a lawsuit' every time there is either a simple data entry error or some other benign cause.

:D

14. or270

or270 New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Modoc...
    Like the class action against Office Depot that was settled for a $5.00 coupon.

15. SpankyInChicago

SpankyInChicago New Member

May 13, 2005
    I agree! Let's just get rid of the court system.

I, mean, if a company doesn't give you what you belive you are entitled to receive, you should just accept it. Companies aren't required to keep their word, only people are.

Suck it up, libbies. Play by the company's rules or do business elsewhere. And if there is no place else to do business, I guess you better just deal with it.

Conservatives are so goofy. Absolute and pure faith that the criminal system perfectly finds people guilty (they must be gulty!) and absolutely no faith that the civil system is capable of determining guilt.

16. robertwhee

robertwhee New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    You guys just do not know how to read....If this is a simple mistake fine its over done with, period...But I said if this is wide spread problem it needs to be addressed..Just check your bills people, if you pay for choice HD DVR package and also are being charged 5.99 for DVR service then there is a wide spread problem not just a simple clerical error

17. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Nope. No $5.99 fee on my Account, so guess I am out of the "Lawsuit".

:D