Longmire, Season 4 - Netflix, All Episodes release 9/10/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Sep 9, 2015 #1 of 43
    dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

This snuck up on me and appeared on my trakt.tv schedule this week and I've been anxiously awaiting Thursday. If it becomes available at midnight I'm watching at least 1 episode before going to bed. :)

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Season 4 is up as of 3AM ET

3. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Woot!

4. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I was just coming here to let Longmire fans know... I won't be back until I've seen all the episodes, so I won't be spoiled.

(I'm glaring at YOU, spoiler-Nazis. If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid this thread, and don't whine about plot points discussed!)

5. rloper

rloper Is there an answer?

Mar 25, 2002
    Texas

Advertisements

"What are you doing here?

Customs....Got anything to declare?

Nope."

Great Start :)

6. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Well, I had a laugh. Stupid Netflix. I clicked on Play right under the "Watch Season 4" ad on the first screen that comes up on the TiVo and it started playing, but it didn't register that it was starting Season 1 Episode 1. And I spend about 10 minutes going "Wait, what? Is this a prequel season? But everything seemed too familiar. Finally realized what I must've done.

7. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I've watched the first two episodes of season four. Episodes are longer, averaging 55 minutes, with no commercials leaving time for beautiful establishing shots. Really happy Netflix has done this. :up:

8. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    I'm also glad Netflix did pick it up and I think they're doing a better job with it than A&E. I noticed the tone is considerably darker, at least in the first episode. Certainly more cussing :)

Since the episodes are being released more than one at a time:

Despite his appearances to the contrary, I think Barlow killed Branch. He's already admitted to being the person responsible for Mrs. Longmire's death. It may be an accident though from their struggle with the gun from the Season 3 cliffhanger.

As dirty as he is, I don't think Nighthorse had anything to do with either murder.

9. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The show made it clear at the end of season 3 that Barlow killed his son. I was worried that they were going to drag out Walt finding the murderer for all of season 4, with us wondering when Walt was going to figure it out. I'm glad to see that Walt more or less figured it out in episode 3, and Barlow confessed (to killing his son and hiring Walt's wife's killer). He is one cold psychopath.

10. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    I am just here to say: "I love this show".

and

A&E: you were stupid to cancel this show... Yay for Netflix!

Now, I am going away, until I finish watching all episodes, since I don't want to be spoiled!

11. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    That was a great season. I really hope Netflix renews it for a 5th. Lots of resolutions and lots of new directions. A very satisfying season!

12. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I really liked the fact that the quality of the show didn't take a hit at all. I also hope season 5 is in the future on Netflix.

13. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Yes it was. And now Longmire faces a villain more heinous, more coldblooded and vile, than ever faced before:
    an attorney with a wrongful death lawsuit, looking for a buck.
    [shudder]

I'll be biting my nails until next season.

14. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    great show, not reading spoilers, trying to make it last, have 4 left........

Netflix really is winning with their original series and picking up things like this, good decisions going on there so far for sure.

15. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Loved the 'season". I want more! Tell everyone you know to watch, please?

If it ends here?

It is essentially the same ending as the Soprano's.

16. mrbill1957

mrbill1957 Packer Fan in MN TCF Club

May 15, 2002
    Minnesota
    I have a Onepass for Longmire specifying streaming only. It picked up season 4 last Friday but it does not have all the episodes. It's missing 2, 4 and 5. I checked and they are available on Netflix. Why wouldn't the Onepass pick them up for the Now Playing list?

17. Islanti

Islanti Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Georgetown, TX
    If you switch views within the "Longmire" entry on your Now Playing screen you'll see it lists those episodes, but says they're not available for streaming. Must be a metadata issue between Netflix and Tivo. Hopefully they'll get it fixed shortly.

18. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    A few episodes in. This is one of the few shows where it seems to work better for me when it's self-contained mysteries within an episode. I felt like all of the drama amongst the characters got pretty tiresome. So far, they have done a good job "righting the ship."

19. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I love that it's on netflix. I always binged watched this show anyway, and now even nicer with longer episodes, and no commercials to F.F.

20. Islanti

Islanti Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Georgetown, TX
    I actually wish they'd approach the series more like Bosch, where an entire season was equivalent to 1 book. Harder to plot individual episodes but Netflix (and Amazon) seem like the right venue for this sort of structure.