Long Way Round - Anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dcehl, Jan 4, 2006.

1. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC

Advertisements

I'm not a tv reality fan but I'm hooked on this show. Ewan McGregor is as cool and real as it gets

2. canonelan2

canonelan2 Imagineer

May 11, 2001
    Chicagoland
    Got the DVD but apparently the US only got 7 episodes while everywhere else got 10.

My respect for Ewan McGregor shot up with this show. I found it greatly entertaining but overall felt it was quite rushed. I would have liked more than 1 episode in the US.

With all of the footage they shot, they should have edited it out to a 24 episode season.

3. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Canadian OLN has showed more than 7 - though I have missed some here and there. So the DVD is worth it?

A new show is going to air about the Dakkar race. Should be great but I don't think Ewan is in it.

Another comment about Ewan - I first thought he was cool when I saw him on discovery channel hanging out with polar bears. Cool Dude!

4. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    I saw this the first time around and really fell for it. There is something charming about the innocence of Ewen and Charlie before they start out, and inspiring about their determination to finish the ride.

If you get the DVD you can do a marathon session too!

5. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004

Advertisements

Add another vote in favor of this one. It also has a nice set of connections for my tastes. Charley Boorman is the son of director John Boorman, who directed one of my favorite guilty pleasures - Zardoz, starring Sean Connery. Charley's first movie role was at age 6 in Deliverance, also directed by his father. In fact, Deliverance and Zardoz were directed back to back by John. How's that for a double-bill? :)

6. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    I saw it about a year back or so. Good stuff!

7. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball New Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    I saw it a while back (the last 5 episodes or so, anyway) and really enjoyed it. I've got much respect for Ewan now. Like the others, I would have liked to have seen more. It seemed like they made it across Eastern Russia, through China, and to the ocean, and to San Fransisco in about 2-3 episodes. Double the episodes would have been just fine with me.

I'd like to see this done again, but this time lose the support truck and use only hand-held cams. :)