Logitech with 2 Directivo's

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by djeffries21, Feb 7, 2006.

1. djeffries21

djeffries21 New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Rockford,Il

Advertisements

I wanted to put 2 DVR40's in my family room. I will have to run 2 more lines from dish.
    I have a Logitech Harmony 628 and was wondering if anybody had programmed this remote to control 2 Tivo's? I also have 2 Hughes SD-DVR40's and my remote controls those after being programmed to the RCA's. I want to be able to control the RCA's seperately. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. djeffries21

djeffries21 New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Rockford,Il
    bump

3. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Member

Mar 4, 2004
    your owners manuals for the TiVo explain how to do this (set remote address)

4. Grasshopper AZ

Grasshopper AZ Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    Once you have the addresses set in each TiVo you will have to call Logitech support. Give them the addresses for each unit and then log your remote in and update.

5. soccergrunt

soccergrunt New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Indianapolis

Advertisements

I am not sure about the 628, but with the 659 I was able to program for 2 DTivos by using the device tutor on the harmony site. Once you have set up the DTivos to use two different remote addresses and set up two separate activities for the Harmony, you can select "troubleshoot" for the first Tivo activity. The Harmony site will ask if all the inputs are correct, select "yes". It will then ask which device is the problem, select "tivo". Then it will ask what is wrong, select "TIVO is not responding to any commands sent by the remote" Follow the instructions from there. You will need the specific remote for each Tivo to teach the Harmony database which remote address you are using for each activity. The tutor will ask you to teach the harmony three commands for each.