Logitech Revues Keyboard Work Like/As Slide Remote With Wireless USB?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by amark, Aug 17, 2011.

1. amark

amark New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I have logitech revue. Someone gave me the Mini keyboard to use instead of the large keyboard. The mini connects through the Revue unit with wireless USB plug to connect to the keyboard.
    Wondering if the large revue keyboard would work as a remote if you do plug the wireless usb plug into the Tivo Premiere?
    Would be nice to control Tivo and use keypad to input letters for searching etc???
    Anyone know or try?
    Thankjsks

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It works as an IR remote control.

Hopefully I will get a chance to return mine today. For me, the audio issues over HDMI make the Revue worthless for me. And the browsing on my HDTV reminds me of browsing on my HDTV ten years ago with a small wireless keyborad.

3. amark

amark New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks for quick response. Sorry, but will it work with the Tivo even thought an IR?

4. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    If it does work, you will need the Logitech Unifying USB Receiver which doesn't come with the Revue since the Revue has that built in to the box. I have a Revue and also have the USB unifying receiver around here somewhere and will check if you don't get a definitive answer soon. If other wireless keyboards work with TiVo, I feel certain this one will.

5. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
  6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I guess the Keyboard is the best thing about the Revue. If I had any use for the keyboard I would have kept it. Now that I got a K800 I have two of the unifying receivers, but only need one with my PC.