Logitech Harmony and TiVo Hydra/New Experience Remote Success

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by deepthinker, Apr 5, 2018.

1. deepthinker

deepthinker Member

Oct 25, 2002
    DFW, TX

Advertisements

After much searching here and on the Internet and some trial and error; I have perfected my remote for all my home TiVo devices. Here's how how I got there and your mileage may vary. But, figured I might as well give my solution for those many that I've seen trying to get a Harmony remote experience that's fluid.

Owned:
    TiVo Bolt 500GB Model# TCD8495000 with included TiVo Bolt White Remote
    2 Roamio Plus, 1 Roamio OTA,, 1 Original TiVo Mini
    Logitech Harmony 650

In the Logitech Harmony software add device using Manufacturer: TiVo/DirecTV and Model: HR10-250 (Yeah I know that's an ancient model. However, iIt has the List command to go straight to My Shows. You’ll still need your white Bolt Remote, etc. though for all this.)

First after adding the TiVo device to Harmony, teach/learn the device, Back, Zoom, TiVo, Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green from your Bolt Remote.

Mapping
    1. Menu to List
    2. Exit to Exit
    3. Previous Channel to Back
    4. Number Enter to Enter
    5. Yellow, Blue, Red, Green should automatically be mapped if you named them before learning by color, if not map them.
    6. Number Plus to Clear
    7. Thumbs Up and Down to the middle Up Arrow/Down Arrow buttons
    8. SkipForward to Advance and Skip Backward to Replay
    9. Stop to LiveTV

I honestly found no use for Zoom at all once finished and having tested for all functionality I expected.

FYI, if you have multiple TiVo’s, make sure in the Harmony software for each device to go to “Change Device Settings” and “Change Device” version. You want to make sure it recognizes that you changed the IR codes using the time honored “Hold Pause/TiVo button” remote code change procedure so you can operate TiVo's in the same room. Yes, this is a little lengthy post, but if you're like me, you'll end up with the remote exactly the way you want it and the layout will make perfect usuable sense.

When you hit Menu/List, you'll go straight to recordings/My Shows. To get to the main TiVo menu, just use the Previous Channel/Back button underneath the D-pad to the right. I found this layout quite productive and harkens back to one of my oldest Harmony layouts for TiVo, which not coincidentally, was way back in the DirecTivo days when I first made the dive into the TiVo pool.

FYI, I'm using this same exact remote setup with the Bolt 500GB, Roamio OTA, Plus, and the original TiVo Mini. This programming took all of 30-45 minutes for my two Harmony 650 remotes, one kept in the bedroom, and one in the living room.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Isn't Zoom the same function as Exit?

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003