Logitech 50% Off Coupon

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by atmuscarella, Aug 10, 2011.

1. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Ok so I got one of those 50% off any one item custom coupons from Logitech today. I currently have a HTPC and a Harmony 880 remote.

What do people think is the best deal getting a Revue for $50 or a Harmony one for $100? Or maybe a Harmony 1100 for $175? or maybe something else?

So if you got one of these coupons what you buy from Logitech's web sit? I have until the 15th to decide.

Thanks,

2. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I thought I read the Revue was exempt??

3. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    How awesome are these remotes??? can you control even tivo's with them? I have yet to delve into the 1 remote to rule them all, but I'm quite intrigued.

4. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Good catch just read the find print anything on web site accept Revue.

5. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    My 880 is a great remote and it does control TiVo's just fine (ok not a good as a regular TiVo remote but close), mine has one key that doesn't work well (the "1") so you have to pay attention when you push it that it actually worked. The Harmony One is a newer version just not sure it is worth spending money to replace the 880 yet. The 1100 is a tablet style remote.

Anyone have any comments on the 880 vs One vs 1100?

Thanks,

6. oosik77

oosik77 TiVo Maniac

Nov 22, 1999
    Phoenix,...
    If you like music at all checkout their Squeezebox Touch. That would rock to get 50% off of one of those.

7. gbrown

gbrown Member

Oct 31, 2006
    I use the Harmony One and love it. The setup was trivial and includes the TiVo keys. But since you can program and/or train any hard key or soft key, you get to set it up for your own preferences.

8. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Harmony One is the best remote I've ever owned. It's the only remote that I've felt has been comparable to the TiVo remote and it's the first universal remote I've had which I've truly been able to put away all my other ones without thinking about them at all. No urge to get them out for anything. The "feel" is just right and has great button placement.

9. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I have 2 Harmony One remotes and a Logitech Revue. I love the remotes but I think the Revue at $50 is the best deal if you want what it does. Someone posted one of these Logitech 50% off coupon codes at another site, I grabbed it and used it to buy a Revue and thought others could do the same but as I know now, it is a one time use code. The Revue went from $300 to $250 to $100 and half of $100 is amazing in my opinion for a product that is well worth the $100 price.

10. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    My coupon indicated no exceptions and I used it for the Revue, doesn't yours say the same?

11. mikeyts

mikeyts Stream Warrior

Jul 10, 2004
    San Diego,...
    I've been using Harmony remotes for about 8 years, before they were assimilated by Logitech, starting with the Intrigue SST-768 (which I still have, in a box somewhere and it was still working the last time I saw it; I think it cost about $300 back then :rolleyes:); I controlled a TiVo with it from the beginning, starting with a Series1 Sony. I used and liked the "for Xbox 360" model for a few years before some of the buttons stopped working, replacing it with another (it wasn't manufactured any more so I had to a hunt a little); that one failed in less than a year. I ended up with a One, mostly because the newest models beneath the One are severely limited in the number of devices they can deal with and I use it to control 11 things right now.

I really like the One a lot--it feels really good in the hand and its big, truly hard buttons are a joy to use. If I could change it, I'd add red/green/yellow/blue buttons (all four of the other models shaped like the One have them, 3 below it in price/capabilities and the one above it) and hard buttons next to the screen like previous models instead of a stupid touch screen. I largely detest touch screens and this one brings nothing to the party--it's not as though you can or need to drag things around it. I've been using the damn thing for a year and I still sometimes hit the next/previous screen "buttons" instead of the one I was aiming for. I'd also like the option to split the activity screen to display 6 and I'd prefer that it use regular batteries instead of having to recharge it in a cradle. Other than that it's perfect :D.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

I control three TiVos with one of my Harmony One remotes. My only issue with the harmony remotes is the number of devices that it can control. I wish it was 50% more than the current amount it can control which is around 12 or 15 or so.

But i do really like that it has a combination of hard buttons and a touch screen. I went through more than half a dozen remotes trying to find the right one before the harmony One was released. I learned ten years ago that I did not like touch screen only remotes when I was using a Pronto remote. I had to always look at the remote to use it. The Harmony One is the best of both worlds with hard buttons so I don't have to look at it when controlling a device and a touch screen which is customizable.

13. mikeyts

mikeyts Stream Warrior

Jul 10, 2004
    San Diego,...
    How is that better than their previous remotes, all of which had customizable screens, with slender hard buttons on the side (like this)? It doesn't even have the Pronto's excuse of arbitrarily shaped on-screen buttons (I had one of those too, pre-Harmony). Like all of the rest of the hard buttons, I could feel those screen-side ones without looking at them.

14. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    The following is the fine print in my email, I bolded the part about the Revue:

Savings only available through the use of the coupon code that is being delivered to you via this invitation email. Savings will be unlocked in the cart once the coupon code is applied. Savings apply to, and are only available on, items displayed on Logitech.com. Offer not valid on Logitech Revue or in addition to any other discount or offer. Offers subject to change at any time. Offers valid for shipment in the US only. Your code may only be used once and is valid through 08/15/2011. ​

Guess they decided $99 was good enough. To be fair most items (except the Revue) on their web site are higher than you can buy them on the web. As an example they show the Harmony One at $199 so I would get it for $100, but it is available many places on the web for around $150.

Thanks,

15. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Of course the best remote is highly subjective. But you mention buttons on the side. The last thing that I want on a remote is side buttons. Because I will have to shift my hand to use them. I would rather everything be on the one side facing you.
    But for me I went through many remotes including several Harmony remotes before they released the H1. But once I used the H1 I instantly knew it was the remote I had been looking for.
    Of course many people also like full touch screen remotes too. It a matter of preference. But for me, with regular use controlling a device, I don't want to have to always look at a remote to use it.

And also with my Carnal Tunnel and Arthritis, the shape and feel is also important. Otherwise it will cause me a lot of pain if it is not comfortable for me to use.

16. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I don't own it and haven't used it but the Harmony 700 looks like a great remote. I like the rechargeable batteries personally and I believe it uses the same batteries as the Harmony One. Although I purchased back up batteries, thinking the life would be close to or a little over a year, I am going strong at over 2 years now and haven't had to replace a battery and haven't noticed battery charges being required more frequently.

17. Chris Gerhard

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Interesting but on the face of the coupon itself, it does state "no exclusions", correct? It is not good business to send out coupons with the claim no exclusions but then require reading the fine print to find that was a big fat lie. Glad mine worked for the product I wanted.

18. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

I got one of my Harmony Ones when they were first released. The battery is still going stong.

19. sathead

sathead Member

Jan 12, 2008
    I received a Harmony One as a gift last February, set it up shortly after that.
    I use it almost every day now, it's been excellent- much better than any other universal remote I've ever used (including other Harmony remotes).
    Highly recommended!

20. atmuscarella

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Yeb in the main body of the email it says:

For one week only, we will give you 50% off a single Logitech.com item. Thats right, no exclusions! ...​

I guess if I decide I want the Revue I will give the code a try and see what happens.