LOCAST?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by celtic pride, Oct 22, 2020.

1. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005

Advertisements

I noticed in the locast website that locast is available on tivo and tivo stream but i cant find the app on my tivo bolt vox. SO am i missing something or is the app not on my tivo box?

2. CommunityMember

CommunityMember Active Member

May 22, 2020
    TiVo Stream (which mostly means Locast is on Android TV), or you can go to the VEWD app store for the Locast app.

nrnoble and wizwor like this.
  3. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    CT is one of the wealthier markets in America. No Locast to be found. My market in southern CT includes NYC. I wonder how long it will take. I would definitely use and pay for locals. The picture quality has to be better than Comcast.

4. CommunityMember

CommunityMember Active Member

May 22, 2020
    What is your FCC official DMA? Just because you can received NYC stations OTA, or those stations are on cable due to negotiated payments, does not mean those stations are part of the DMA, and Locast, due to the way they are trying to thread the regulatory needle, is strictly sticking to the DMA restrictions for their offering (which means no out-of-market stations, and every market has to be explicitly built out). While one can discuss whether the DMA market restrictions serve today's viewers well, they are the regulation of the land.

5. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008

Advertisements

You can use a VPN and set it to a region where Locast is available.

ncsercs likes this.
  6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    My specific region is NewHaven/Hartford but New Haven is what they use. I get New York stations from xfinity but I am aware Locast has no love for me.

7. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Anyone aware of a way to record shows that are streamed using locast? Ideally using Tivo, but I suspect that is not likely.

8. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Found a solution using Plex TV, but have not tried it. Plex + locast