Local physical channel change preventing recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by videobruce, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videobruce

videobruce OTA is still alive

Nov 30, 2012
    Buffalo NY

Advertisements

The local CBS affiliate (WIVB) has changed their OTA physical channel from 39 to 32 last week due to a location move, combining that station with their sister station. The virtual channel shown is the same (4.1) in the channel list.

Problem is; programming (Guide) is only available for the old (original) physical channel listing. The current, active entry is void of any info and it isn't associated with any network (CBS). Obviously; Rovi doesn't have the change because the station or parent owner never notified them, or they have it, but aren't in any hurry to update the listing.
    (Of course that would be unlikely. :rolleyes: )
    I even tried a manual recording, but that failed even thou I choose the 2nd "4.1" entry in the channel scroll list which is the 'current', good number.

I did inform TiVo to the problem after explaining the difference between a physical & virtual channel number to the CSR that I spoke to. He did give me a case number but informed me it might be up to TEN days before it's updated. :mad:

Anyone else run into the is scenario?

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    This has become a very common problem with Bad_Rovi, and it usually takes them a LONG time to get it fixed unless you are in a very large market with lots of TiVo users.

3. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    V7...I brought this up on another forum days ago. Check this link in the coffee house forum..
    Station changed frequency, TiVo guide did not!
    I have been trying the whole week. Still can't record on channel 4. And it's a pain to actually tune it in.

videobruce likes this.
  4. Lurker1

Lurker1 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Wow, these frequency change threads are already sprouting up like weeds, and the OTA repack is barely just beginning. TiVo is going to have a lot of unhappy OTA customers if they don't get ahead of the coming wave.

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. videobruce

videobruce OTA is still alive

Nov 30, 2012
    Buffalo NY

Advertisements

Sheesh.
    Tuning the duplicate channel isn't a problem, you just can't record it. Of course if the F/W would of taking this into account, it would/could of fixed this by itself.

(I requested that this to be combined with the other thread already started :oops: )
    These should be a sticky!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.