Local HD Waivers and HR10

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jagec82, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jagec82

jagec82 New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Boston, Mass.

Advertisements

I live in Boston where MPEG4 locals in HD are available. However, I have the HR10-250, which is not capable of receiving them. Are CBS-HD and FOX-HD from NY still available in the owned-and-operated markets if the equipment I own cannot receive the local HD station?? Would I just need to call for waivers to be granted?

Thanks in advance.

2. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    D* is no longer offering the NY or LA HD nets in any O&O markets that are up in MPEG4. The NY or LA nets was ONLY a temporary fix until the MPEG4 DVR's came out, which (obviously) have been for some time.
    Either you need to upgrade to the MPEG4 equip, or use an OTA antenna to get your HD locals.

3. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    Why is an over-the-air antenna not an option?

4. pjdoogie

pjdoogie New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    I live in Chicago (O&O) market and have been getting the waivers since I got my HR10-250 . Am I at risk that they will pull the waivers and force me to "upgrade" to the HR-20? Has this happened to anyone with the waivers, or are they just refusing to give waivers to newer customers since MPEG4 went live?

I can get decent OTA signal some of the time but not all of the time, and would hate to lost the backup of the east coast HD when my OTA acts up.

5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH

Advertisements

There was a suggestion in the past that waivers for distant HD networks would be pulled when MPEG4 locals were available, but that has not happened. It is true that no new waivers are being granted if your area has MPEG4 locals.

6. jimmymiko

jimmymiko Just another day!

Mar 29, 2003
    Walworth NY
  7. mullet4evr

mullet4evr New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Yeah, get the OTA antenna...uncompressed locals through your HR10250...great!