local dial up numbers

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Vidfreaky, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Vidfreaky

Vidfreaky New Member

Sep 3, 2006

Advertisements

I'm trying to re-activate my tivo today after i decided to start fresh but it's not recognizing my network adapter, so I have to use the phone connection. Problem is I'm on Vonage and sometimes that doesn't work so well.

The first dial in that the TiVo does (before it knows where I'm from or anything) goes flawlessly. I can only assume it dialed a 1-800 number or something to get it's first bit of info so it can set you up with service provider info etc.

Now that I've gone through and told it my service provider, set up channels, etc. it tries to connect to a local number (now that it knows where I am) and I can NOT connect through that number to save my life.

Does anyone know how to make it connect to the same number it connects to at the start of the guided set up? That number connected fine for me.

2. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003
    The TiVo does connect to an 800 number initially. In many areas there is a choice of several access numbers. It usually asks you which one you want to use. If yo are far enough in the setup, you can go to phone setup and change the phone number. It will give you a list of numbers to choose from. You will have to succeed on a test call to change the number.

Some other settings that you can try.

1) Turn off Phone Available detection.

2) Turn off Dial Tone Detection.