Local Channels Freezing? (North Carolina)

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dnelms, Feb 19, 2006.

1. dnelms

dnelms New Member

May 25, 2002

Advertisements

Is anyone else in the triangle area that recieves 17, 11, 5 as local channels, seeing the picture freeze at random intervals? It's been doing it recently, but is really bad today. The race is starting and stopping real bad on 17.

2. jimmymiko

jimmymiko Just another day!

Mar 29, 2003
    Walworth NY
    This seems to be a "global" issue. A lot of post on the issue. Rochester NY same problem but seems to be only on NBC.

3. ladytonya

ladytonya New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm having the same thing on NBC only in Asheville, NC. Watched ABC with no problem, but NBC is freezing all over the place! Is this normal? Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?

4. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I didn't seem to have a problem with it today (WCNC in Charlotte), but I did notice the race switched over to standard definition for a while today, maybe your affilliate left it on HD, and that feed from NBC had the problem.

The same thing happened for the first night of the olympics, and my affiliate did not switch to SD.

5. ladytonya

ladytonya New Member

Feb 19, 2006

Advertisements

I'm watching the SD feed. I can't get the HD channels locally through the receiver or OTA. Anyone else have problems with NBC freezing? I was going to call directv tonight, but if it's a problem that more people are having I'll wait and see what happens watching tonight before I call them.

6. onin24eagle

onin24eagle New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    O'fallon, MO.
    I'm having freezing on local networks, mainly NBC, here in St. Louis. I ordered the free DVR because I assumed it was the Hard drive on the tivo.

7. jimbop99

jimbop99 Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Kentuciana
    This has been happening in the Milwaukee area for about the last three weeks.

8. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I watched the 500 in HD here in Raleigh and I did not notice the problems. Sounds like it is more of the same issue with the locals. Either Something in NBC's signal chain is not getting along with DirecTV's compression or DirecTV has changed something to cause the problem.

9. Jumi

Jumi New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Cleveland NBC pixellating and freezing for several days.

10. roamerr

roamerr New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    NC
    Same here in Winston Salem...

11. yknott

yknott New Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Happening on all my local channels here in Kalamazoo Mich. Just started tonight.