1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loads of Tivo S3’s (No Lifetime), Remotes, & Parts

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by TXNet88, Aug 29, 2018.

1. TXNet88

TXNet88 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    TiVo Series 3 DVR HD THX (DEACTIVATED) | eBay

Have a load of TiVo series 3 I’m trying to get rid of. Some work good, just don’t have lifetime subscriptions. Some just power up with a welcome powering up screen (guessing a dead had, so selling for parts).

I can also dissect any deactivated units I have for parts you may need (power supply, fan, etc). I also have remotes (like the peanut remote) as well.

If anyone is interested, just send a message. Prices are negotiable.

2. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    How does this work, will they just transfer the lifetime service Tivo to my account or will it cost to transfer?

3. TXNet88

TXNet88 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Honestly, I’m not sure. I believe once it’s deactivated you can’t use it, but I may be wrong. Maybe someone can chime in?

4. tommage1

tommage1 Active Member

Nov 5, 2008
    You say a load of S3s? First of all you are correct about deactivated S3s (and S2s), if no lifetime or current subscription they cannot be activated again. If some DO have lifetime but are not functioning, bad HD or PS or whatever maybe you could "fix" them with parts from the deactivated units? They would then have some value, usuable or hold on to them in case of another promo. S3 power supplies if in good shape do have some value. HD a little, can be used in similar S3 if you clear and delete everything.

TXNet88 likes this.
  5. TXNet88

TXNet88 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Yes, I had over 10+ units (now down to 4). I also had 8 remotes, (3 now) the peanut remote, and the normal remote that comes with s3, so I guess if anyone is looking for used parts or deactivated units to scrape for parts (who knows, maybe the hard drive is still good on the ones without lifetime), I'm open to negotiation.

6. JamieTF

JamieTF New Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Do you happen to have a peanut remote that works with the Roamio OTA?

7. TXNet88

TXNet88 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Not sure if it works with the roamio but I have the peanut Remote in the middle of this pic:

upload_2018-11-5_18-46-35.jpeg

8. JamieTF

JamieTF New Member

Oct 26, 2018
    The one on the right looks exactly like the one I need to replace. I have no idea how to know if it will work with the Roamio. How much do you want for it?

9. TXNet88

TXNet88 New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I have the one in the middle. I was asking $14 for that one if you're around in US.