loading stuck at 89% cox irvine

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Craigm, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015

Advertisements

anyone else having this problem with a new tivo bolt? Cannot see channels!
    6 tuning cards and two Tivo Bolt units have been tried. 4 techs with no success have been out.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Who is your provider? Sounds like they are having issues getting their back-office to properly set up a card, the issue is rarely a bad card, and nearly always ineptitude for the cableco.

3. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Cox cable in orange county is the cable company. Everyone there says its not their problem but on the cable card screen it shows no for com (communication) and a ? for value. They just went all digital even on the lower channels which forces you to either get their box or a cable card! I was happy with no card or box on this tv and just having the lower channels.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Idealsol

Idealsol Member

Oct 6, 2013
    I too have Cox Orange County. Recently added a bolt with minimal install difficulties. I picked up a tuning adapter and cable card and did a self install. Only thing that doesn't work correctly is vod, it works only sporadically, but that's a known issue. You mention you had no dvr or cable box previously on that tv. Just out of curiosity did cox try one of their own cable boxes or dvr's on the same tv?

The biggest mistake I made with the install was adding the cable card to the TiVo before I fully completed the initial setup. In my case, all we were getting was audio until I finalized setup

5. Dec 2, 2015 #5 of 43
    bfern002

bfern002 New Member

Dec 2, 2015

Advertisements

Are you still having this issue? Earlier this month, I set up my Bolt in Rancho Santa Margarita with minimal issue. Over the weekend, I installed a new 2TB hard drive, and had to re-pair the card with Cox. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error, stuck at 89%. I have a tech coming out tomorrow, but I was curious as to what happened with your situation.

6. Dec 2, 2015 #6 of 43
    Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Still stuck at 89%
    got an interesting call from a Cox rep lastnight.
    He has been trying to get answers for two weeks for me!
    He said that Cox has now changed to two way communication on there system and Tivo needs to reprogram! Talked to Tivo and they said that the Tivo Bolt does!
    Still stuck though! Next appointment tomorrow morning!

7. Dec 2, 2015 #7 of 43
    Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    For what its worth, there is a switch that must be turned on at cox for vod on your account!

8. Dec 2, 2015 #8 of 43
    bfern002

bfern002 New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I actually just got a call from a Cox rep today. He left a message, but said that there is a "known issue" regarding TiVo and Cox right now, and he would like to discuss my options. Doesn't sound too promising, but I'll be calling him back shortly.

9. Dec 3, 2015 #9 of 43
    bfern002

bfern002 New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Alright, so the Cox rep said its a "Known Issue" and they are actively working on it. In the interim, they set up a Contour device at my place along side my Tivo, so they can continue to troubleshoot and my service goes uninterrupted.

10. TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015
    Good Evening Community,

Tivo is aware of this issue that you are having with Cox.
    If you can, can you please send me the TSN's of your affected devices and summarize the issue you are having so we can properly track this issue and work at a resolution to the core issue?
    Thank You very much & Have A Great Evening.

11. bfern002

bfern002 New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Thank you, Sarah. Unfortunately, my message count is below 10, so I cannot send you a message privately. Is there any other way to send the TSN to you?

12. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Sarah my message count is too low too as Im a new owner

13. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Well so far that accomplished nothing! Tivo is saying its Cox's problem and Cox is saying its Tivo's problem!

But good news!!!!

They both are arware I have a $300 boat anchor for my row boat.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  14. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Well the techs could not solve the issue. Cox was suppose to send out one of their own supervisors, but no one called or came out.

I turned in the cable card and tuner only to find they were charging me when the techs came out!!!!! Very disappointed so I'm going over the air only. I still like the TiVo though.

15. jordan34

jordan34 New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I'm having the exact same issue, stuck at 89% on Acquiring Channel Information. I'm in Irvine, CA. Just got a new Tivo Bolt and hooked it up with a Cablecard and Tuning adapter, and called Cox to get the Cablecard paired (the rep says it paired fine). Still, been stuck at 89% when trying to watch live TV on the Tivo. I already have another Tivo Roamio Plus hooked up and is working fine, so it definitely sounds like it could be a Bolt issue (or maybe it only happens on new setups).

16. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Which Channel Map is stuck on Acquiring Channel Information?
    1. The CableCARD alone w/o the Tuning Adapter attached
    2. With the Tuning Adapter attached
    3. Or both configurations
    If you disconnect the TA USB cable from the Bolt, will the CableCARD alone complete?

17. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    I have tried it all ways possible with no success.
    14 tech visits all with no success
    8 different cable cards
    3 Tuning Adapters
    3 different TiVo Bolts
    New ends on all cables from the stree to the TiVo box
    All readings taken at the street and the TiVo box (which was suppose to be reported to cox by their subcontractor (Global.)

Last comments from techs was there is a known problem at cox.
    Was suppose to have a real Cox supervisor come out, but never received any calls.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  18. jordan34

jordan34 New Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I've also tried all combinations (with TA, without), still doesn't work. I've also posted this issue over at forums.cox.com where another person posted the same issue. A cox rep on that forum says they're aware of the issue with the Bolt and that they're working on it with Tivo, but don't have an ETA on a fix yet.

19. Craigm

Craigm Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Jordan34. Would you please post on this thread if you ever get the Bolt working on Cox. I'm burned out for now and am ok using the antenna but would like cable in the future for some TNT shows in the future.

Thanks

20. rolandkrc

rolandkrc New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Cox OC here too- been having the same exact issue since 11/1. Getting very tired of the finger pointing back and forth. We've gone through numerous cable cards, tuning adapters, probably 5 techs with probably over 40 hours of time at our house and probably double that amount of time spent on the phone between Tivo and Cox support. Last tech said that the issue was isolated to the Bolt and to get a Roamio and they could get that going. Ordered the Roamio and the same exact issue persists. This is beyond frustrating.