LNB question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Lopey, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...

Advertisements

In the thread at the top of the forum it says that a single LNB can not be used by more than 1 dtivo. Is this still true? When I was in Mass I had DtV in 2 places, both with triple LNB's. When I moved to Florida, they put up a single LNB dish for my 2 tivo's. As soon as I noticed it, I called DtV and they said that it was fine. I know that just because they say so it doesn't really mean it.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What might look like a single LNB was really a dual LNB inside a single housing. It had two cables connected, right? And, those two lines were connected to a multiswitch to be able to supply two dual tuner DVRs.

3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    As Jim has stated, you probally have a 2 LNB Dish with Two Cables. The Cables run to a Multiswitch, then to the units.

4. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    is the switch built into the dish? I can see 4 cables, and they look like they are coming from the LNB

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

The triple LNB dish has a built-in multiswitch with four outputs. Its possiblt that there is a 2x4 multiswitch attached to the back of the dish.

6. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    New question related to this. If I have a single LNB would I still be able to see all 3 sat's? I'm asking because I just figured out that i had one tivo still set up for the triple LNB and it saw all 3 sat's. If I change it to a single LNB i only see 1 sat. This LNB this is really confusing me.

7. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    1 LNB per SAT. EG:

1 LNB for Sat 101, 110, 119, 99, 72.5, etc etc.

You have answered your own question:

I'm asking because I just figured out that i had one tivo still set up for the triple LNB and it saw all 3 sat's. If I change it to a single LNB i only see 1 sat.

:D