Live video window in menus

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ducker, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    So last night was my first real exposure to this potentially crappy situation.

I'm watching MNF and I'm behind live TV by about 15minutes or so. I go into to go in to the menus to check about other recording shows later that night and the preview window is NOT showing exactly what I'm watching (as in the current position I am in of the recording), but rather the live feed of the game.

As most of you know; this is like an ultimate spoiler when it comes to sports!!
    Gah! I freaked out and ended up jumping in to the now playing list and re-selecting the show.

If I hit zoom, would it have brought me back to the position of the show I was watching? Or would it bring me to the current live feed?

I guess I need to find out how to opt-out of that live TV window / learn how to quickly disable it with the remote for times like these.

Thanks

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    easy- either hit pause to pause the action or the slow button to hide the window.

3. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Or change if the window shows in the settings or use the SD menus.

4. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    I've learned from my past ways... And I'm quick to hit that pause button if I'm currently watching a live broadcast time delayed :) no possible spoilers for me this week!

5. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    I think the slow motion will still toggle the window, if you ever want it on.