Live TV without switching tuners?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by zoma4, Oct 2, 2007.

1. zoma4

zoma4 New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Alpharetta, GA
    I just recently got my TivoHD, and I noticed that the LiveTV button is joined with the tuner switch, which was non-existent on my old Series 2.

I used to like to be able to hit LiveTV and jump to live time no matter where in the buffer I was during my program. Now, if I do that, I switch tuners. If I switch back, I am at live time, however I wonder is it possible to do either of these two things --

1) Jump to live without switching tuners? That is, push a button, and go to the very end (live time) of the program I am watching.

2) Switch tuners WITHOUT jumping to live time. Say I am watching a show on one tuner, and I want to keep checking in on a live sporting event on the other tuner. Can I pause my show on tuner 1, switch to tuner 2, check the score of the game, and jump back to tuner 1 at the spot that I paused it? It seems like it will jump to live time of tuner 1 when I come back.

Thanks.

2. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    1) Hit the ->| button to advance to live TV from within the buffer. It's at the bottom right corner of the RW, FF, PLAY, SLOW cluster on the S3 remote -- not sure where it is for THD.

2) Again, this works on the S3; not sure about the THD, but can't imagine why it would be different. Hit pause on the tuner you are watching, hit live tv to swap tuners, then hit live tv again to jump back to your paused spot. As long as you haven't run out of buffer on the first tuner, it will stay paused while you are viewing the other tuner.