Live TV under menu - want the animation back

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by natalrem, Sep 21, 2007.

1. natalrem

natalrem New Member

Aug 8, 2007

Advertisements

Hello,
    This might have been covered elsewhere but I can't seem the hit the proper search to find the answer.

I upgraded my harddrive last weekend (went from 140 to 360h) almost flawlessly but I seem to have lost the menu background animations somehow.

In other words, I see the live tv under the menus and quite frankly it makes them hard to read at best (especially with the CC on top :p )

I was looking for a hack to turn this "feature" off but with no luck.

Any help welcomed.

2. whitepelican

whitepelican Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Simply put - you screwed up the upgrade. The missing animations means you either incorrectly copied your old drive, or used a bad image for the new drive. There are ways to fix it, but I don't think they are trivial, and probably require that you already have a hacked Tivo anyway. You could do a search over at DDB for "missing loopsets" to see what that entails.

Otherwise, what source did you use for the image? What boot disk and command line options did you use? That might help to better diagnose the problem. Your best bet is probably going to be to start the process over and do it correctly this time.

3. natalrem

natalrem New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    That's what I kinda feared, I guess I'm in to redo it
    I started with hintsdale and switched to weaknees because I could get my disk's full size recognized.
    I'll just redo it from scratch.

4. whitepelican

whitepelican Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Go to mfslive.org and get their Tivo boot CD (or maybe even WinMFS?). If you use the boot CD, you can also use their command generator to give you the correct command line.

5. jwebb

jwebb New Member

Sep 27, 2007

Advertisements

Tonight I saw this problem on an HR10-250 that has never been upgraded or hacked. Any other sugestions for what may be wrong and/or a solution short of replacement?

6. natalrem

natalrem New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Tks again