Live TV recording loss

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Keith G., Nov 6, 2017.

1. Keith G.

Keith G. New Member

Nov 6, 2017

Advertisements

Ok I have an issue that I am trying to look up. While watching on a TiVo Romeo, on live TV. I will lose all prior recording, of that channel, (The 30 mins of recorded live TV) once the TiVo changes to a recording without any notification, even if it is on the same station. This occurs even if there is other tuner available. So For example.... When I turn on the TV I will rewind the Channel on live TV (the 30 mins) to bypass all the commercials. In the past I would get an alert if the Tivo needed to change channels or start a recording on the channel that I am on, warning me that I will lose the video that I am currently watching. This used to be only if it has to change the channel. I am not getting this. It just changes the channel losing all prior recorded live TV. What has changed? I didn't change anything on the TiVo. What do I need to do to fix this, if there is something that I can do.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    This is a loss of the buffer when a new recording starts which appears to be a bug released in 20.7.4. Open a ticket with TiVo so they know how many people are impacted by this.

This post shows some of the other posts where this has also been reported.

Losing Buffered Programs

Scott