Live TV issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by hanginghelmet, Oct 21, 2020.

1. hanginghelmet

hanginghelmet Member

Sep 6, 2005

Advertisements

Hello been having some weird stuff happen with my Bolt. When changing channels and then go back to the channel I was watching it is playing back in time and not live. This also happens if I start to play a show while it is recording and then once I catch up and go back to live tv it goes back to the start of the program like it was paused and I then have to fast forward it. This also happens if I change inputs and then go back to Tivo, the channel is not live it is behind. Has anyone else had these issues? This is really annoying.

2. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    Let me take a guess, you are using a tuning adapter, and possibly on Spectrum/Charter cable? I had the exact same issue with my Bolt and 3 Edge tuners. As soon as I disconnected the Tuning Adapter this problem went away. I did loose a couple of channels, but I hardly watch them and having the box work properly was worth the loss.

3. hanginghelmet

hanginghelmet Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Yes I do use a tuning adapter from Spectrum but disconnecting it is not an option as I would lose a lot of channels.

4. Skye

Skye Member

May 18, 2018
    Yep, depends on what tier you subscribe to. I am on the lowest tier, so after I pulled the TA out and scanned through all my channels I only lost two that I sometimes watched. Could be others, but I only looked for the ones I use. YMMV

5. hanginghelmet

hanginghelmet Member

Sep 6, 2005

Advertisements

Yea there would be quite a few I would not get. This is really frustrating. I did not have this pro with my Roamio.