Live 365 problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jason_kirkham, Jan 26, 2006.

1. jason_kirkham

jason_kirkham New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    When playing Live 365 stations, the music consistently skips and pauses. Any thoughts as to the source of the problems? (My Comcast connection generally works well with streaming media.)

2. mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA
    I've had similiar problem....nothing consistent. Just the other night every station was playing in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n. Like somebody turned the speed of the record down.

3. dwgsp

dwgsp Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Perinton, NY
    Is the network connection to your Tivo wired or wireless?

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    I had the odd speed issue -wired connection. If it gets to me, I'll change the channel, or try to listen through the PC.

5. jason_kirkham

jason_kirkham New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    My tivo has a wired connection to my router.

6. duoart

duoart New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    What bothers me most about what Live365 is doing with TiVo is how they've crippled the free service on TiVo. You can go to their web site and sign up for the free service and play a rather large number of stations. Only a small subset are available with the client the provide for the TiVo unless you go for the "Preferred" membership.

There is a way around it though:

Set up your free membership preferences on their web site so that you don't use their player or RealPlayer. When you click on a station, it will prompt you for a player to use or let you download the play.pls file. Put the file in a music folder on your server and you can listen. There is session information in tags so you'll need to get a new one if you log off their site.

Now, if I can only get my Tivo desktop server from crashing every time I access a radio playlist ...... GRRR!

7. KRKeegan

KRKeegan Im lost and confused

Jul 20, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah this bites, why do that? And if you are going to do that at least give TiVo subscribes some type of price break. With as much free radio as there is out there this is not worth it.

8. Feb 1, 2006 #8 of 13
    mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA

Price break??? For what?? Your not paying for the Live365....its not part of TIVO service....its an added BONUS.....????

9. Feb 1, 2006 #9 of 13
    MikeRadio

MikeRadio New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Mine was saying PLEASE WAIT This morning for like 2 mins they saying there is a read error....

Also all my Yahoo and Movie personal info is gone (the zip cde and yahoo logons) plus faves for podcaster...

What happened! Anyone else having these issues

10. Jay_in_CA

Jay_in_CA New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Vacaville, CA
    Yes, Mike, both my brand new Series 2 Tivos had their Yahoo info gone this morning too. I'm actually glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this! Is there a patch anywhere, or is this a temporary glitch that will restore my Yahoo settings soon?

Also, Live365 has been cutting in and out, and then periodically stopping for no apparent reason, on any channel. Both Tivos use the new wireless Tivo adapters. Suggestion?

Last, Rocketboom either has a mind of its own, or something's wrong. It successfully downloads itself about 2 days out of the week on either Tivo, and the rest of the time, History shows that it didn't record "due to lack of space" which is ludicrous since there's plenty of space left on both machines. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix?

Thanks,
    Jay

11. duoart

duoart New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Mine was doing the same thing today so I figured I'd reboot the TiVo. Now the Live365 option isn't even on the Music, Photos & More menu anymore.

TiVo should do a deal with Shoutcast and be done with it.

12. SalsabyJake

SalsabyJake New Member

Jan 8, 2005
    California
    As posted here, I'm having a problem with Live365 on one of our two Tivo boxes. We love Live365, which has a great variety of cool stations which cannot be found anywhere else. On our system upstairs - a 40-hour series II 240xx model (brown case), the audio plays fine, while when we access the same station (I think it is called 24-7 which playes top street music hits) on our downstairs 160 hour unit series II 540xx model (silver case), the audio is in slow motion, as if the unit plays out the stream at 1/2 the speed of normal.

Has anyone figured out why this happens? We don't understand why one of our units has the problem while the other does not.

Thx,
    Jake

13. ObiWanJenkins

ObiWanJenkins New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I just use Shoutcast through Galleon. I haven't touched Live365 since I tried it the day I got the Yahoo software on my Tivo.