Live 356 any shortcuts?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by megory, Aug 3, 2007.

1. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I have recently started using this feature, of playing music on, ahem, my television.

It takes me about 20 clicks to get there and get it playing.

Is there a shortcut/macro?

Also, if I want to check something out on TiVo, and go elsewhere--even momentarily--then I must go through all 20 clicks again. This is too tedious a procedure to do again and again.

It doesn't continue to play while I'm perusing the TiVo menu etc., making simply playing the radio far preferable to this potenially fine service.

I want to check to see if there are any other ways of using this feature (as well as the others under Music, Photos, Products, & More) that I'm missing before I post it as a suggestion.

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    If you add channels to My Presets it reduces the number of clicks slightly. I think it brings it down to 5 or 6:

TiVo
    Music photos & more
    Live 365
    My presets
    Select a preset
    Select play

I'm not counting cursor movement as "clicks" - perhaps you are?

3. megory

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I'm counting ever press of my thumb/finger as a click. I have several presets selected.

No shortcuts, huh? (I've been making computer macros since WPDOS 4.0!)

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    You must hate setting up wishlists...

5. megory

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Heheheh. Nah, I don't mind the multi-clicks of setting up a wish list, but I don't want to go through all those steps every time I want to see a show! <g>

Now, there's a thought . . . figure out how to go there via wishlist or -- not, I don't think I can do that with anything but the cable company's music stations.

There must be some shortcuts . . . I can't believe Tivo would set up all these nifty add-ons and have them so labor intensive to access.

I wonder if many people use these (Music, Photos, Products, & More) like Yahoo, etc. ?