"Little People, Big World" returning in October

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dbranco, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Jul 8, 2011 #1 of 40
    dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    There will be a 4-episode set of update specials to resolve the cliffhangers from the final season. For the most part, I enjoyed watching the series and liked the family, but the last season was hard to watch with all the fighting between the parents. I wish them well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/little-people-big-world-returns-208809

2. Jul 8, 2011 #2 of 40
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the info! I have wondered how they are doing. I watched the show from beginning to end. I agree with you about the fighting. I used to think that Amy was a bit of a shrew, but by the last couple of seasons I found Matt profoundly irksome with his selfishness. It seemed like his behavior was most of the problem, from my vantage point anyway. I felt badly for her and the kids.

3. Jul 8, 2011 #3 of 40
    YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Yeah, he appears to be insufferably selfish.

4. Jul 9, 2011 #4 of 40
    RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    Matt's the reason I stopped watching the show after a while. I did manage to catch an episode where it was just Amy and the kids on a camping trip, and it was actually enjoyable.

5. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm excited about this! I love this show!

6. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Agree 100%

7. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    has anyone seen any new episodes in their TiVo guide? I got nothing so far!

8. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    It was on a couple of weeks ago.

9. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    rats! Hopefully will be repeated... You don't happen to remember the episode's title do you? (so I can wishlist it)

10. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Four episodes? I saw the one one-hour episode early in the month but didn't know there were more. I might have deleted my SP after the season ended but, to my knowledge, there was just the one episode. Please advise if there are more out there. TIA

I like keeping up on this family since I've watched them for so long.

11. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    As I recall the old Season Pass didn't work because it's now called "Little People, Big World: Big Changes". I think we just manually recorded it.

TLC must be going to spread the four episodes out.

12. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    just setup an autorecord wishlist for little people big world

and yes, from what I recall, the new episodes are just "updates" and will be released periodically.

13. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for that info, Dan & Craig. I guess we'll all just have to keep a look out for the eps and whoever sees something first maybe can drop a line. :) About the only thing I'm watching on that channel right now is the 'freak of nature coupon food hoarders' show. :D

14. bobvr

bobvr Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Tucson AZ
    Matt has said on his facebook page that the next episode will air sometime in December.

15. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Thanks everyone for the info! Sheesh, I wish they had publicized it a bit better come late-August / early-October. The only publicity I had noticed about it was my first posting [above] in July. No wonder my SP didn't find it -- I hate when they give it a different name like that!! :-(

16. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks, Bobvr!

Yeah, I agree that it's a real pain when they change the names of shows mid-stream. I've lost more than one show that way. What I do now, if I'm looking forward to something, not knowing exactly when it will air (but something like 'coming in November'), is diary it on one of my computers. Then I get a reminder to look for it when the time is nearing.

17. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Can anyone give the updates from the first aired episode?

18. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Jeremy went to Santa Barbara to attend photography college.

Zack is still living at his parents' house and working as a soccer coach, or something like that. He thinks he'd like to take that as a vocation, but he's kind of lost and not really trying to make a move at this point.

Matt & Amy have been working on their marriage. I guess they got some counseling. Matt seems to be trying to not be so self-absorbed. It looked like they were getting along better, as both of them were making the effort to not be so rigid. He wants to buy the piece of property that adjoins theirs to do more 'Matt projects'. Amy disagrees, so I don't know where that went.

They all took a road trip down to Santa Barbara to check out Jeremy's college and get him set up with an apt.

That's all I remember :)

19. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Thanks.

20. bobvr

bobvr Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Tucson AZ
    They did buy the farm next door - they are using it right now for parking for the pumpkin season. I think it added around 60 more acres. He did an interview somewhere that I read that said ALL the family members have invested money in the new property.

I still think Amy and Matt get along a lot better than the show portrays. Drama sells!