Listen to on-line radio

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by wildlif7, Oct 23, 2005.

1. wildlif7

wildlif7 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    All,

Is there a way to port an on-line radio station thru Tivo so I can listen to the radio station from the HME apps? I have all the latest versions of Tivo apps, 7.2, desktop 2.2 and I am running Galleon 1.6.0, what else do I need to accomplish my task? I know there is pronbably a way to do this, just not figured it out yet.

I appreciate all input, I am still learning what the HME apps can do,

Thanks!!!

2. TBoyd

TBoyd Less Cable, More Cloud

Apr 9, 2000
    SF Bay...
    Certainly. Just install the Shoutcast application and you've got streaming radio.

For a local jazz station that isn't on Shoutcast I installed the Playlists application and made an M3U playlist configured for the station. Note: this doesn't work with every station. I've failed on some.

My M3U text file looks like this:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1, (KCSM 91.1 FM, California, CA)
    http://hifi.kcsm.org:8000

Good Luck!

3. pobox3721

pobox3721 New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    New Orleans
    Here's an easier way, download and install iTunes if you don't already have it. Make a playlist of online radio stations. That playlist will be available in the Music and Photos section of the Tivo.

4. swimnfly73

swimnfly73 New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    I have a playlist of radio stations in iTunes, but I tried to select in tivo desktop and it says it does not contain publishable music. Any suggestions?

5. TBoyd

TBoyd Less Cable, More Cloud

Apr 9, 2000
    SF Bay...
    Good idea POBOX.

I configured the iTunes application in Galleon 1.7 and put some radio station playlists in it and couldn't get them to play. Btw, these same playlist play fine, even just in TiVo Dtop2Go. They also work in iTunes just in Windows, but no joy through Tivo.

Tell us exactly how you make radio work in iTunes. I'd like to know too.

6. vwjoe

vwjoe New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    I have been searching the forum for ways to stream mp3 internet radion stations that have folder names in the URL. Is there a way of doing this without having to install a ShoutCast server and essentially rebroadcast the stream from my PC?

ie,

64.236.34.4:80/stream/1048

(Yeah it is my first post, be gentle)