Linksys USB100TX

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by reggers, Jan 6, 2006.

1. reggers

reggers Cool Geek

Jul 27, 2002
    NYC

Advertisements

I need to get a new USB100TX for my tivo, but nobody seems to sell them anymore...I don't like the USB200 since it sticks out of the back of the Tivo and hits the cabinet wall.

Does anyone know any reputable retailer that still carries the USB100TX?

Help!

2. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    My USB200M's came with short usb extension cables so they didn't stick straight out of the back of the Tivo's.
    You could also add any usb extension cable and put the adapter anywhere you want.

3. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    Go for USB 2.0 make a significant difference in MRV transfer speed. Try the Netgear FA120 or DLINK. They're very similar in design to the 100TX but USB 2.0

Otherwise for a 100TX try Ebay.

4. Maxnl

Maxnl Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I have been very successful with the FA120 on my Tivo

5. reggers

reggers Cool Geek

Jul 27, 2002
    NYC

Advertisements

Even though the adapaters are USB 2.0, aren't the USB ports on the back of the TiVo still only 1.1?

I believe they are capable of supporting 2.0 (eventually) but that will only be after some future software upgrade.

6. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    Early series 2 models only had USB 1.1 ports. Later models have USB 2.0 ports and recent software supports it.

7. reggers

reggers Cool Geek

Jul 27, 2002
    NYC
    Thanks!

How do I find out if my TiVo supports 2.0?

Also - thanks for the tip on USB extension cable! Since that adapter was a backup and I hadn't used it in a while, I forgot it came with the extension - It was still in the box 1 year later!

Thanks All - appreciate the info!

8. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If the service number begins with 2xx or 5xx, you have USB 2.0.

The aformentioned Netgear and D-Link adapters are backward compatible with 1xx USB 1.1 DVRs, so there would be no problem getting one if you have an older DVR, plus are a drop in replacement for the USB100TX (standard USB B plug on one side, and a real RJ45 on the other). My D-Lunk DUB-E100 is installed where I has a 100TX myself, using the 100TX cabling.