LineUp not Determined /Setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lizbeth, Nov 27, 2006.

1. lizbeth

lizbeth New Member

Nov 27, 2006

Advertisements

HELP, we have spent the last two days struggling with our setup, and talked to two customer service tivo reps who were no help. We have Qwest Digital cable and purchased the dual tuner tivo. We keep getting stuck, and the screen reads LINE UP NOT DETERMINED. One cust. said to return the unit, but the second does the same so its something with the way its setup through Qwest. we have been trying to connect it to the TV with the cable box, and tried it on another tv in the house and get the same thing every time. We are so frustrated!

2. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    I suppose it could be possible that Tivo's system doesn't like you zip code for some reason. Is there a different zip code that you could enter that would have the same channel lineup?

3. tamama

tamama New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yup I get the same problem.
    found a work around but some channels are gone.
    Also I retried it but my workaround does not work anymore.

I am contemplating on returning the thing since I am not getting anywhere....

The zip code is not the problem.
    I think the qwest lineup is corrupted and tivo could not decode or apply the lineup.
    Hope qwest and tivo get together to sort this out. it really sucks.
    missed some shows already....

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Go to the Zap2It.com website and verify the lineup.

5. AZjay

AZjay New Member

Jul 15, 2007

Advertisements

I'm having the same issues. We purchased the TiVo series 2 DVR Friday and have been trying with the TiVo service tech every Zip Code possible. Nothing has worked. Has anyone found out how to get around this Qwest issue? I know other people must have TiVos in the area (Phoenix, Gilbert). I'm very frustrated ready to throw in the towel.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  7. AZjay

AZjay New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    I just received word form TiVo. The TiVo Series 2 dvr requires a Analog and Digital signal to work. Since Qwest is 100% Digital the TiVo Series 2 cannot work it must have a Analog signal. So with that said my only option is to return the system and receive a refund. i could use a Series 1 however that acts like a glorified VCR and will not allow viewing of one channel while recording another.

I will keep my eyes open for TiVo to come out with a 100% Digital unit. They may want to move quick because in the Phoenix area there is a big push with all of the providers to go all Digital Quest is just a little ahead.

Thank you.

8. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Not exactly.

If you use a digital set top box, then the second tuner must have a direct analog connection. However, a direct analog connection w/o a set top box, does allow dual tuner capability.

9. mjomeara

mjomeara New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I had the same problem with a dual tuner Tivo in Anthem Az. I changed my answer to one tuner during setup and I was able to get the channel lineup.

Looks like the second tuner is not possible with the Qwest box even though it supports three streams.