Lineup Change Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by supasta, Aug 22, 2007.

1. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado

Advertisements

Being in need of saving a few extra bucks each month, I decided to step down my analog cable package. I rarely watch TV anymore and will do so even less in the coming 6 months or so.

So, what I did was step down from Comcast analog "Standard" cable to "Basic" cable. Translation: from about 90 channels to about 30.

How to I make my TiVo's aware of this change?

Thanks!

ETA: Already ran Guided Setup and it did not makle the change. I also did a Clear & Delete Program Info & ToDoList which didn't work either.

2. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Just rerun Guided Setup...

3. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Or you could go through "channels I receive" and choose the uncheck all option then check the first 30 manually.

4. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    I did, and it did not make the change; hence my question. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the OP (will make the edit)

I also did a Clear & Delete Program Info & ToDoList which didn't work either.

5. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado

Advertisements

My current solution, however I would still like to know if there is a way to make the changes.

6. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    I just reran Guided Setup myself to see, and it doesn't list the individual tiers. I thought it used to. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Looks like you only get to choose your provider, whether or not you have a cable box (which could differentiate between digital and just analog cable), and whether or not you receive any premium channels.

If you now only have a subset of the analog channels offered by your provider, it looks like the only way to remove the extra channels you no longer receive is to just uncheck those channels in the Channel List.

Perhaps it wasn't feasible for TiVo to try and stay on top of all of the different tiers or levels of service offered by each cable provider in each area/market.

7. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Mchips: You aren't dreaming it because I SWEAR I remember being able to choose the tier on my S1 tivo as well. I too tried it recently and they weren't listed.

8. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    I thought TiVo scans for channels you receive at the end of guided setup. It has been a while since I have done this, but I thought it did.

9. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    No, no scanning necessary... it's not like a VCR where it has to scan in order to find the channels available in your area... TiVo gets this with the guide data for your area/cable provider... it then asks you to verify one or two channels to be sure it has the correct lineup...

<correction>
    If you use an antenna with your TiVo (note n/a with the S2DT), it does scan for OTA channels during guided setup; it just doesn't scan for cable channels during guided setup. However, if you have an S3, there is an option under settings to scan for in-the-clear cable digital channels; e.g., to look for QAM channels.

10. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    A Tivo will scan for OTA channels during guided setup.

11. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Correct (thanks)... if it's OTA/Antenna, it does scan during guided setup; it just doesn't scan for cable channels...

I don't have an antenna connected to any of my S2s, but I have an S3 with cable and antenna, and I just reran guided setup on it to be sure, and it did scan for OTA channels... I didn't remember it doing that before.

I have modified my post above to clarify that, so as not to confuse someone else coming into this thread for the first time.