Line Of Duty Coming To AMC!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Yup, starting in April, the excellent series Line Of Duty will be shown on AMC.

Anglophiles and any lovers of good drama will be familiar with the show as there have been five series so far, each on being a separate plot. The first season features Lennie James (Morgan from The Walking Dead) and you'll also find a host of British stars like Keeley Hawes and Daniel Mays.

I know dome will be well versed in LoD as I think it's been discussed as it was shown in the UK, but if you're not aware, I promise a good story!

Premiers Saturday April 4th.

Trailer here.

lynncosbm and LlamaLarry like this.
  2. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Agreed. This is one of the best crime series around. In fact I'm probably due for a re-watch...

lynncosbm likes this.
  3. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I saw the previews for this on AMC the other day. Definitely going to check it out.

4. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    I've been watching the old seasons over the weekend. I love the fact that each season is only 5-6 episodes (full hour each), so I can finish one in one night.

5. swyman18

swyman18 Active Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Honoka'a, HI
    Just curious, is this the type of show that will need to be butchered/censored to be acceptable for basic cable? I see some seasons are available on Hulu and Prime Video.

6. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    It's been on Hulu for a while.

7. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    I wondered how many Americans will understand "Bent Coppers" == "Crooked Cops"?

I didn't at the beginning, but they used that phrase so much that it can't get it out of my head. (That tends to happened when you binge all weekend.)

8. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I watched a couple of shows last night. Seasons 1-4 are on Acorn and Prime offers seasons 1-5.

9. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Just set up a 1P. I had to set it to New & reruns, seeing as the OAD is in 2014. So is AMC gong to air all 5(?) seasons consecutively? (I'llcatch a repeat of S1E1 Saturday morning)