Limited guide data

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by jonphil, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 #1 of 11
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Noticed this evening how I have no guide data after next thursday. Tivo is downloading fine so not sure why I don't seem to have the data I should do

2. Jun 8, 2011 #2 of 11
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Just had a cursory glance at my Tivo and I have data for the main channels (ie first page of EPG) until 6am a week on Saturday; and other channels (next page down) until sometime on Wednesday.

3. Jun 9, 2011 #3 of 11
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    That is odd.... I did a manual network download and it took ages sat at 'preparing' so long in fact I gave up waiting but when I checked later it claimed to be successful but still nothing after next Thursday.
    I found the time it took too connect odd too as normally the network connection is finished and importing data within a few minutes.
    Unless mine fixes itself nothing is scheduled to record after next Thursday :( normally I wouldn't be concerned, but I have read other complaints about missing guide data on the Virgin forum but thought nothing of it until now.

Maybe Tribune / Tivo have pulled the plug on the wrong UK Tivo guide data ;) lol

4. Jun 9, 2011 #4 of 11
    OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    It takes about an hour after the loading stage has finished before the data is visable.

5. Jun 9, 2011 #5 of 11
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
  6. Jun 9, 2011 #6 of 11
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Right, it maybe easier to explain what's happening with pictures.

[​IMG]
    Shows upcoming Dexter episodes
    [​IMG]
    Series link set, yet not being recorded.
    [​IMG]
    Nothing scheduled to record after the 16th
    [​IMG]
    SD menu not reflecting what the HD menu is showing.

I did try to post the pictures, but it looks like Flickr has stopped pictures showing up embedded in other sites? :(

7. Jun 9, 2011 #7 of 11
    OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    What does the hiccups say?

Have you cancelled it for any reason at any time?

8. Jun 9, 2011 #8 of 11
    jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Set Dexter when it first showed up in the HD menus. So it's a brand new series link. But it's not just Dexter I have no guide data at all after Thursday next week.
    I'll take a look at hiccups later, but it would seem Tivo just doesnt have any guide data to work with even though it's reporting successful in it's downloads.

9. Jun 9, 2011 #9 of 11
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I don't have any Guide Data after next Thursday either.

10. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Strange, after posting a message on the Virgin forum (not answered yet) all of a sudden I now have guide date through to the 22nd which seems a lot more like it should be.
    Could be a coincidence, but it's odd how suddenly 5 days worth of guide data would suddenly appear.
    I'm wondering if Virgin have been having issues with the server which distributes all the information.

11. Karnak

Karnak 'Local'

Jan 13, 2003
    I think there were some messages from VM a couple of weeks ago on their forum saying they had faults with the EPG servers.

Usual assortment of people complaining on their about missing EPG data right now but none of the same admissions of problems from the mods.