Limitations of service transfer letter

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by FreydNot, Aug 17, 2016.

1. FreydNot

FreydNot New Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

I currently have 1 Tivo HD with lifetime, 1 Premiere with lifetime and 1 Premiere with month to month. My new Bolt arrived today along with the service transfer letter. My plan when I set this all up on the phone with Tivo was to transfer the service from the Premiere with month to month over to the new Bolt. Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be a much better idea if I can transfer the service from the Tivo HD instead.

It can't be that simple, right? Can I follow the instructions on the letter but input the TSN from the HD instead of the Premiere?

Also, with a service transfer, is there any way to achieve overlapping service on the old unit for a few days to allow me to move shows over to the new Bolt?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    What does the letter say? Have not heard about moving lifetime to bolt from an older HD box. If you can do that, I would jump on it before a premiere.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You have to call Tivo CS. You cannot even do it online (Only same model transfer)

Its also better to get the month/month Premiere changed to lifetime for $99. (perhaps on same call.)

4. FreydNot

FreydNot New Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    You were correct. Turns out I couldn't even transfer from the one we had agreed on using the web site. A phone call was mandatory.

In the end I was able to transfer the month to month Premiere over to the new Bolt (at $6.95 / month) and then purchase lifetime on the newly deactivated Premiere for $99. I consider that a good deal since it lets me shuffle my tivo's around a bit and have a working Tivo HD with lifetime to sell on CL or eBay.

Now to pop this 4TB drive into the Bolt...

5. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003

Advertisements

is it a 2.5" ? what model drive?
    well done on getting the $6.95 and $99 double play :up:
    and yeah, the answer on being able to do that online was "FreydNot" :p