Lifetime Sub on 2nd Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by pjjanthony, Feb 10, 2006.

1. pjjanthony

pjjanthony New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    I already have a 2 year old Series 2 with a monthly subscription. If I were to buy another Series 2 with a lifetime subscription, will I get the $6.95/month multidiscount on the first unit?

Or do I have to upgrade the 1st unit to Lifetime to get the $6.95/mo. discount on the new one I buy?

2. Bsteenson

Bsteenson TiVo is no BS

Jul 30, 2000
    Iowa
    If you have any stand-alone (not Direct TV) TiVo on lifetime, all others you have registered to the same account at the same address get the reduced-price multi-unit discount, regardless of purchase order.

3. albrandwood

albrandwood New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Any time a unit is added to the account, their system will try to figure automatically which unit is the "primary" ... as long as there is a lifetime unit on the account that is making at least one call a month, then that will become the primary unit.

(I found this out the hardway ... I added a new unit to my account at christmas ... expecting it to be added at $6.95 ... unfortunately, since my lifetime unit had died, the new machine became the primary at $12.95 ... )

@