Life - Pilot 9/26/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Surprised there is no thread. This is by far my favorite new show of the year. Damian Lewis is a really good actor and I think he plays the part beautifully. Good to see Robin Weigert and actually looking very pretty.

Oh and for anyone thinking of deleting it after the pilot...I know some TV critics and bloggers you have seen the first 3 and say it gets better and better.

2. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Glad I read your post mwhip. I recorded this, but didn't get to it last night. Wednesday nights are really full, and I'd considered this one a candidate for early deletion already. Our local TV critic, Aaron Barnhardt, who's usually pretty good, hated Life. I guess I'll give it a shot after all.

3. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Loved this show. Can't wait to see more!

4. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Life is def. a keeper. Watched the early pilot and liked it.. and the 'live' showing just hit that point home.

I really need to see where this is going ..

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Well in the hands of a lesser actor his character could get annoying but Lewis plays him perfectly.

6. Tpfer

Tpfer Member

Mar 2, 2001
    Trophy Club, TX
    I liked it too but I don't know if it is just me or they meant to have Lewis's charachter be like "Rain Man"(slow).

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    More like columbo, seemingly slow but in actuality brilliant.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Exactly. He is just taking it all in.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Also a bit like house but addicted to fruit instead of vicodin

10. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    You know the fruit thing is curious. It seems it is one of those things you take for granted while you are jail not being able to get any decent if at all fruit.

11. sbelew

sbelew Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Took me a while to remember where I'd seen him before. He was Major Winters in Band of Brothers, and was also in Dreamcatcher. Im liking it so far.

12. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    The jury was out for me on this one -- glad to see that some critics agree it gets better...

I was (and still am!) really excited about this show from the first time I heard about it. The theme of this fall seems to be -- at least for me -- you can't judge a series by the pilot. They had a lot of ground to cover between setting up his release from prison and re-entry to the police force (We get it - he had a settlement...).

One question - the pic he put on his wall at the end - was that the LT. who talked to Rees about him and his poor judgment?

13. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yep, she obviously has a reason for not wanting him around anymore. Wonder how the girls father ties into it also since he was partners with the Lt. probably when he went to jail.

14. PajamaFeet

PajamaFeet This Is Delicious

Mar 25, 2004
    in front of...
    The whole Zen cop combo is interesting enough to give this one a couple episodes.

15. jboehm

jboehm New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    I'll watch one more of this one. We'll see ....

Its a little dark and the only humor verged on mean spirited. I know that the point, but I can't say I want to watch things with that kind of point.

16. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I didn't like it much. Not bad, just nothing special. I liked last year's "Raines" on NBC much more (it lasted all of 6 episodes or so I think), but I don't like cop shows in general.

Only interesting thing was Sarah Shahi's "morning after" scene.

17. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    I enjoyed it. The Zen cop is a good character, and Lewis a fine actor.

The sexual tension between Crews and his lawyer was kinda weird. Where do I recognize her from? She strikes me as some actress who was hot on another show and is now clinging to her past hotness with too much makeup.

18. smallwonder

smallwonder Age quod agis

Jun 13, 2001
    MD, USA
    She's Tim Riggins' next-door neighbor on Friday Night Lights. I remember her as Keanu Reeves' girlfriend in The Replacements.

I interpreted the sexual tension between them as resulting from their long battle to free him which introduced a great deal of intimacy. She's attracted to him, perhaps in love him; he's still hung up on his ex.

I liked this show alot, particularly after the disappointment of The Bionic Woman which I thought was pitiful. Or maybe I'm just suffering withdrawal pains from Burn Notice and liking anything that seems halfway coherent! :D

19. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    She was on Melrose Place for a couple of seasons.

20. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Band of Brothers!! Thank you. I loved him in that, and this looks promising.