Life after...question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ret2961, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ret2961

ret2961 New Member

Mar 1, 2003
    Sac, CA

Advertisements

I've read the threads here, read them at the other site, and think I have a handle in this, but wanted to be sure.

I have HR10 (just one, sorry, I know that makes me lame), a SD DTivo and a series 1.

If I want the new HD channels, I need their DVR. Got it.

Their DVR only has one live buffer, with a 90 minute run. (this is the real sticking point for me, I LOVE the dual buffers). Check.

The kick in the butt for me, I think is I believe that the new HD Tivo is NOT compatible with DTV, only cable. So I couldn't stay with DTV and Tivo even if I wanted to (other than the rushing towards obsolescence hr10). Is this right?

How close did I come?

Thanks!

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Pretty much on the money.

There IS a way around the DLB problem though Just record the two programs and you can switch between them almost as if you had the old dual buffers.

3. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Or get a second HR20 and just bounce between them using picture in picture.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    And your HR10 remains useful for SD and for OTA, so you still have dual buffers for those if you keep the HR10.

The HD channels currently on the HR10 will go away sometime in 2008. Until then, you can get them as well.

Suggestion: Add an HR20 not substitute and HR20 for an HR10. Have more options that way.

5. milominderbinder

milominderbinder New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chicagoland

Advertisements

Th Tips & Tricks tells how to set up the HR20 to use both buffers:

133 Undocumented Tips & Tricks

Here are another 40 topics like these in the HR20 FAQ:

HR20 FAQ

- Craig

6. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    Gosh Milo, you must be slipping. :eek: You forgot the 75 other links telling ret everything he ever needed to know about the HR20. :p Oh yeah, you forgot today's daily pricing for the HR10-250. :confused: Are you feeling ok, man? :)