Life - 10/3/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JETarpon, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Oct 4, 2007 #1 of 24
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Arrrgh. My recording cut off as they were finding out what happened.

I cut off right when he turned to a-hole brother and said "that's two."

Can anybody tell me what happened from there? I feel like the old lady, wanting to know who did it.

2. Oct 4, 2007 #2 of 24
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Man I love this show.

The sister confessed that the brother-Bradley-tried to steal Anna-the bride's money. They were all drunk. Anna tried to stop Bradley, but he pushed her against the wall hard. The sister took a picture of Bradley standing over Anna's dead body. Bradley then smashed the camera.

Bradley gets arrested.

Detective Crews then listens to a Zen audiobook on his iPod about Vengeance while he is at the firing range-end credits.

3. Oct 4, 2007 #3 of 24
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Thanks. I've now padded the recording rule for this show.

4. Oct 4, 2007 #4 of 24
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Got to love a show that plays Shivaree in the opening scene (John 2/14 off of the Rough Dreams album) and has Saffron/Joan from Firefly/Mad Men in it.

Good mix of MOTW and his on going investigation. Why would his ex-partner use his wife to get him to the house? Did he think he would not come if she did not invite him?

5. Oct 4, 2007 #5 of 24
    Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I'm definitely liking this show. It was consistent in quality from last week, and I felt like "his" murder case moved along quite a bit.

The ex-partner's wife was an off note for me. I'm not quite sure why she's so hostile to him, after complaining about how her husband was wrongly cast in a bad light for him being wrongly convicted. :confused:

I mean, I get that she's jealous of the money, but the rest of it wasn't ringing true to me. I felt like the writers put that in so that they could artificial menace as to why the ex-partner wanted him to come into the garage.

6. Oct 4, 2007 #6 of 24
    MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    I had the same reaction to the ex-partner's wife, but I think the writers are consistently showing that everyone affected negatively by his arrest and conviction still harbor animosity towards Crews, even though he was exonerated.

This is another of those "how will it last beyond one season" shows......anyone else think the "twist" will be that Crews really did the crime?

7. Oct 4, 2007 #7 of 24
    dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    Why would he spend so much energy trying to solve the crime, IN SECRET, if he did it?

Anybody thought his mother-in-law-to-be was actually the little girl who survived the attack? Oh well, she'll show up eventually.

8. Oct 4, 2007 #8 of 24
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Took me all day but I finally figured out who the cops wife was at the pool party that told him to leave:

Meredith Salenger from The Journey of Natty Gann.

9. Oct 4, 2007 #9 of 24
    RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Oh oh oh ... Our Mrs Reynolds was there too!

The ending scene was very well done.

I notice from IMDB that the original pilot had claudia black as the ex wife... was she really that bad in the role to dump her ?

10. Mabes

Mabes Ex-Smoker

Jan 12, 2001
    Warwick RI
    I only saw a few minutes (haven't seen the show before), I'm saving it for later, but I kept trying today to figure out who the detective was who said, "When I say that's funny, of course I mean that's not funny."

It's Calamity Jane from Deadwood!

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    And his old partner Bobby Stark played by Brent Sexton was Harry Manning on Deadwood.

12. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Still interested, still not hooked though.

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I really liked this episode; better than the pilot even. This is ending up one of my favourite new shows I think.

14. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    About a third of the way through this episode, I started to get a little bored and began wondering if I really have room on my weekly tivo list for this show. Then it got better and better as the episode carried on. There's just something to this show. The lead character should be really uninteresting and the show should be falling on its face, but the acting prevents it.

15. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    The tension in the garage was very well done. The subtle way you knew he was lying about his wife before he went in... all the way through to the smiles...

I am trying to remember what the partner had next to his picture on the evidence wall at home.. His interviews tend to portray the former parter as him thinking he was guilty.

16. jwjody

jwjody Not enough room

Dec 7, 2002
    Center of...
    I think it said, "Couldn't have seen"

Also, it looks like the partner was pressured into a false statement during Crew's investigation. He said something like, "I wish I could have said something. Do you get my meaning?"

J

17. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    Does it bug anyone else that this somehow just feels like "House" but with a cop?

18. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Nope. Well no one on TV can be as big of a tool as House and I don't think anyone else could be nearly as smart.

19. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Just got around to watching this this morning, and this episode has me hooked. This is now one of my favorite new shows of the year.

And I totally don't get the comparisons to House. Crews is not even close to being on the same "jerk" level as House.

20. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Or as predictable. :D