Leverage-7/3

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bulldog7, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    I liked this episode a lot. I also recognized Nate's costume right off. Nice touch.
    An homage to his father.

2. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I also knew it right off, that was a great one. I used to watch Ellery Queen. It was was done well where you had all the info needed to solve the whodunnit.

3. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I didn't recognize him as Ellery Queen, but once he said it my mind was blown. I had just watched an episode of Ellery Queen before watching this episode of Leverage. Then I thought about how much Nate and Ellery look alike. :)

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    LOVED it, 100% loved it, from Nate as Ellery Queen, to the various characters, to the clue about the pipe wrench in the library! This is what I love about Leverage!

I was even fairly sure who the killer was about 3/4 through because they showed a close up clip that let you see his facial structure and hair style.

5. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    Oscar, you do realize that Timothy Hutton is the son of Jim Hutton, who played Ellery Queen, right? I couldn't tell from your post if you knew this fact or not. That is why I liked it so much...a tribute to his father, so to speak.

6. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Other than the cool father/son homage I found the episode lacking.

Most of it takes place in an old mansion. Hidden passageways. Thunderstorm with power outages. Five friends running around trying to find the crooked businessman's secret plans

This came off too much like an episode of Scoopy-Doo.

7. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    This and the last episode both had some pretty low production values. I'm wondering if they had to scale back the budget this season.

8. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I haven't been impressed by the first two episodes of this season. Doesn't feel like the same show. Usually they are scamming people and breaking into high security places. These two episodes seemed like speciality episodes they'd do like once a season. Just seems odd they did two in a row.

I'm hoping they get back to the old show next week.