Les Miserables/Unforgotten (PBS)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by taronga, Apr 19, 2019.

1. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY

Advertisements

Les Miserables on Masterpiece overran its timeslot last week by a couple minutes, and it looks like that may be the norm since today's Masterpiece newsletter warns that the 4/21 episode of Unforgotten will start "5-7 minutes late." Unforgotten runs well under one hour so it will be fine, but you may need to pad the end of Les Mis.

2. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I stream them now on Apple TV and don’t have to worry about that.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I presume you mean via the PBS app? Are you a PBS member? It seems like I can watch them via the PBS app, with unskippable ads at the beginning and end.

4. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Yes I have passport. I finally gave in, so I could get the back catalog and not worrying about stuff expiring before I even knew about it.

mattack likes this.
  5. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

Is passport ad free?

6. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Kind of like TV PBS in that they have their 60 secs or so of sponsored by stuff at the beginning. You can fast forward over it and there are no ads during the episodes.

mattack likes this.
  7. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ok good.. because on the 'free' one you can't skip the ads at the beginning/end.

still not likely to subscribe to yet another.. but I could imagine binge watching a bunch some eon.
    Currently I'm just recording and downloading the shows. Might watch in VLC on my iPad (just as a convenient viewer, not my usual use of VLC to watch non-scripted shows faster than realtime).

8. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Actually let me correct that. There seems to be 30 secs of ads at the beginning. It seems to very from show to show.

9. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Because this is a subforum and thread for people who do worry about Season Pass glitches, I don't see why the discussion has strayed into streaming territory. Alerts need to stand out.

10. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    It's an alternative vehicle if you missed a show recording to get it.

Mikeguy likes this.