Learning remotes can't "learn" from Viore TV remote codes

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by lkserisa, Sep 8, 2009.

1. lkserisa

lkserisa New Member

Sep 8, 2009

Advertisements

I have the "GLO" remote in addition to the standard remote included with the Series 3 models, but neither remote seems to be capable of learning from the remote that came with my new Viore 26" HDTV (LC26VF59). Before I tried to use the learning function, I tried the single remote code listed for Viore 0316), the Akai remote codes, and also the code search function (0999). The TiVo remotes cannot find any code that works. Does anyone know why the TiVo remote can't even "learn" from the Viore remote?

2. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Because they are not Learning Remotes.

3. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Not true. The "GLO" remotes that come with the Series 3 are learning remotes.

4. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Yeah, my mistake. I was confused by the "in addition to the standard remote included with the Series 3" thing; I was thinking the Glo WAS the standard remote with the S3.

5. rocko

rocko Cuckoo for TiVo

Oct 29, 2002
    Northeast...

Advertisements

The Glo is standard with the S3 and HD XL.

6. lkserisa

lkserisa New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Sorry that I was unclear - I have the standard remote that came with the Tivo HD as well as the GLO remote, which I ordered separately. I think only the GLO remote is learning-capable.

7. mrciano1

mrciano1 New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I have same issue.. I have series2-DT, just got Viore 32" LCD,,,, regular Tivo remote doesnt work with the single code listed, nor the Akai codes... NEED HELP. If I buy the Tivo glo remote, will it work???

8. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I need to know if anyone found the code for this TV?