Learning Glo Remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bill McNeal, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Bill McNeal

Bill McNeal Member

May 31, 2002

Advertisements

I'm trying to program the Aspect button on my TiVo Glo remote to control my Panasonic TV.

Following the instructions to program the button using the Panasonic remote, the Glo remote just doesn't accept learning for its Aspect button.

Are there any other methods I can try?

2. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina
    no.. you can only program Vol +/-, Tv Input, mute, and Tv Power.

3. muzzymate

muzzymate Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Cleveland
    What are the learning capabilities of the Glo remote? Has anyone had success doing this with Mitsubishi or another TV that requires multiple button presses?

I have a Mitsubishi TV that requires three button presses to change input (Input -> Right Arrow -> Select). The Input programming on the standard TiVo remote simply brings up the Input menu which isn't helpful. This requires me to keep my TV remote on my coffee table only for changing inputs. I'd rather use a TiVo remote over something else like a Harmony remote if I can get away with it.

4. chimerax

chimerax New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Can you navigate through the TV input menu? I guess not. Glo remote is designed in a way to learn few basic TV remote controls. Try to get remote control code to use your TiVo remote with your TV. If that fails there is no option but to use a Harmony Universal remote.

5. muzzymate

muzzymate Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Cleveland

Advertisements

No. Repeated Input button presses either brings up or dismisses the Input selection menu. Went through the Input code search yesterday on the standard TiVo remote with no luck.

6. supersnoop

supersnoop Member

Nov 13, 2007
  7. chimerax

chimerax New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    That’s a good idea. The power button can be used to power three devices. But when you program power button to do these things there are chances his TV may turn off. May be Muzzymate should power on his TV with its remote and program the Glo’s power button to do the other functions.
    The Glo remote sensor sends the command within quick succession. His TiVo might turn off in the process. He may place his TiVo in a different spot, away from the line of TV sensor while pressing Glo’s power button. This might work.