Law & Order CI "Rispetto" / Season Premier

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by snowjay, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 #1 of 10
    snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Well this should be the last season with the return of Goren & Eames.

Unless I missed it they didn't explain how they returned to the force. At the beginning of last season Goren was fired and Eames quit, now tonight all we got was a "welcome back, detectives."

2. May 2, 2011 #2 of 10
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that was weird. Welcome, but weird.

But I guess anything that acknowledges how they left would make it harder to pretend they were never gone... :D

3. May 2, 2011 #3 of 10
    Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    I was looking forward to the return...and disappointed with the episode. As predictable as they come. Also, how can you have a whole arc to the two principle actors leaving then basically ignore their return? Writers, who needs writers....we have Goren back?

4. May 2, 2011 #4 of 10
    snowjay

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Yeah, it was a very predictable episode. I thought maybe it seemed that way because I was expecting some big revelation on their return. Perhaps they are waiting for future episodes to release details.

5. May 2, 2011 #5 of 10
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Yeah I thought it was weird that they made almost no mention of anything but I guess with a mini-final-season they just want to get on with the cases.

Or maybe it was all a dream?

6. May 2, 2011 #6 of 10
    YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm glad to see someone started this. I have a feeling they just wanted to get over the question of how they were back.

Frankly, I'm just glad they are. Very welcome. It wasn't the greatest episode ever, but it still was enjoyable.

7. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I finally watched this. Geez, the Jay Mohr character wasn't "loosely" based on a "Rock Star from Mars" much, huh?

How many eps is this season supposed to be? I love watching D'Onofrio and Erbe as a team.

8. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    With only 8 episodes left, I don't really want them to waste half an episode or more going over how he got back. They have alluded enough to it to make it understood.

It is nice to see them both back, and a reminder how enjoyable they were on the show for a good long while.

9. snowjay

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Well I think in the second episode it was clear enough. He was allowed to come back contingent on him having 7 sessions with the psychologist.

Still unsure about Eames though but I'd venture to guess the dept probably wanted her to stay/come back and her condition was that she wanted Goren as her partner.

10. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    So that was a new episode. Huh. I thought the guide was screwed up and the season pass was recording a repeat by mistake.