Launching Netflix on premiere is slow

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Joe btsfplk, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Joe btsfplk

Joe btsfplk New Member

Aug 30, 2018

Advertisements

We have a premiere and a roamio and both are Ethernet connected to a 100mbps or faster network. The Netflix app is slow to load and slow to control but the video is flawless.

Is it just a small RAM problem? Is there anything we can do? It's frustrating

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Premiere is always slow. Buy another roamio or a bolt is the only "fix".

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Or a Mini.

jrtroo likes this.
  4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It's the Premiere. It takes over a minute to load on my Elite, and 10-12 seconds on my Roamio.

I just retired the Elite, and replaced it with a Mini Vox. Partly because I no longer needed the tuners, but also to get the faster load speeds.

5. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH

Advertisements

Or, even better, a Fire TV or Roku. :) TiVo has always been subpar on streaming apps.

I'm currently running a Roamio base model and paying through the nose for Spectrum cable TV. If Spectrum raises my rates again or my Roamio fails I'll be cutting the cord. I can get what I want with (for example) PlayStation Vue and my Fire TV. Since Spectrum has a local monopoly on broadband internet I won't save any money but at least I won't have to nurse my Tuning Adapter along and suffer lousy TiVo program guide data.

6. chicagobrownblue

chicagobrownblue Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    or a Smart TV. Netflix is usually built in. My TV app starts up a little faster than my Roamio app, but the Tivo is more convenient.