Latest Survey

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Joe01880, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    In the latest Survey i found in my inbox today there was hint of a 4 (FOUR) tuner TiVo. Muwahahahaha

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I blame Innocent freak :D

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    The wording wasn't exact, but the jist I got was co-operative scheduling capabilitly between DVRs.

:up:

I rated that higher up than the other choices.

For the comments section, I simply put:

#1 Finish the Premiere (complete HDUI, enable 2nd processor core, etc.). [ 75]
    #2 Work on new features. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[ 25]

:p

4. exdishguy

exdishguy Active Member

Apr 30, 2004
    I'm excited to see a feature I've requested for years now - the ability to use unused tuners on other Tivos in my house when there are conflicts on my primary. A four tuner Tivo would be neat too.

5. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Wasn't there something in that survey about satellite boxes to stream content to, ala Moxi?

6. DaveLessnau

DaveLessnau Love My TiVo!

Nov 10, 2000
    USA
    How do we know the survey is real? TiVo just had all our emails stolen. So, it could be a phishing attempt.

7. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    There is no logon/authentication/challenge when taking the survey, so that isn't a concern. If it was a hoax site, what value would opinions concerning TiVo features be to anyone other than TiVo? :confused:

8. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Took them long enough lol. I don't want to wait now.

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I rec'd the survey also; I think "hint" is too strong a word. They simply asked how important certain features would be to you; one of the features was a 4 tuner TiVo. They also asked about streaming between DVRs, scheduling across tuners, being able to order VOD, and much more.

They want to know what's important to us. It doesn't mean any of it will arrive. But hey, it also doesn't mean it won't!:up:

10. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    We already know they are developing the extender and 4 tuner TiVo. The question will be whether it is offered for retail.

11. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    TiVo brought it up so someone at TiVo must be throwing the idea around, hinting they have the ability, or at least had a dream of one day producing such a box.
    Given TiVo's track record of Hype it is every bit as crediable as the second core in the Premiere being enabled..one day..maybe, Hulu+ on the Premiere..one day..maybe,-oh yeah "Coming Soon". Lastly let us not foget the New DTV TiVo, thats not here yet either. Therefore i find the possibility of a 4 tuner TiVo every bit as credible as any of those that dont exist.

12. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Every proposed item, no matter the manufacturer, is vaporware until it is sitting on a shelf ready to purchase. Speculation concerning upcoming features may be fun, but it is hardly productive.

13. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    So what is the term for an unfinished product sitting on a shelf ready to purchase? If there's no term yet, I'll go ahead and suggest Tivo Premiere! :cool:

"Inventing the DVR was just a warmup." Indeed. :rolleyes:

14. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    It's real.

15. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Sorry MS Windows owns that title or perhaps software in general. Never finished and when they need more money it becomes a new version instead of a update/patch.

Thanks,

16. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Dangit!

Wish I'd come here before putting my SSN in that survey! :eek: :p

Actually, I found it interesting at the end, the survey had my name and complete address except for my Zip Code.

17. Riverdome

Riverdome Member

May 12, 2005

In my experience the surveys always do that. I don't know if it's so we have to enter something and not just click through that screen ????

18. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Me too! I thought the same thing--they wanted some human input at the final screen.

And it appears it worked. :rolleyes:

19. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Hows that any different from the HD to the Premiere? Toss a half baked HD UI on the HD and viola, you got a Premiere.

They should worry more about fixing the crap (yes, crap) they're selling now before worry about pushing out some other half baked product to fleece us out of our money with.

20. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    No different - my point was we have been conditioned to accept unfinished software as the norm and MS has been doing it allot longer than TiVo.

Regarding The Premiere you are welcome to think anything you want but mine is the best TiVo/DVR I have ever had.

I also paid less for my Premiere with lifetime than I did for my TiVo HD with lifetime and even less than what my Series 3 (which I bought as a refurbished unit) would have cost if I had put lifetime on it. If fact my Premiere even cost less than my Series 2 with lifetime did. So what you call crap I call a better DVR for less money.

Thanks,