Latest show status updates

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mr.unnatural, Jul 13, 2016.

1. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...

Advertisements

Here's the latest slide show listing the status of your favorite shows. It's a very long slide show, but if you've seen the previous ones I've posted only the first dozen or so slides are new since my last posting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/gallery/canceled-renewed-or-ending/ss-AAf3eY0?li=BBnb2gh#image=1

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks!

I didn't know that 'Maron' was gone after this season. That said, however, this current season is just really messed up.

Cracks me up that they killed 'Grandfathered' and especially 'The Grinder', YET 'Dr Ken' is renewed. WTH??

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I suspect racial diversity was at the core here. Assuming they all had similar ratings they probably chose to keep the one with the mostly Asian cast just so they could have a bit of racial diversity on the network.

4. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Different networks. Dr. Ken was modestly successful for ABC on Fridays. The other 2 were Tuesdays on FOX and bombed pretty hard.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV

Advertisements

It's a shame. I would have continued watching both but if I had to choose only one of them to stay, I would have definitely chosen 'The Grinder'.

If it's about 'Asian-based' shows, I think 'Fresh off the Boat' is a really good sitcom. However, I don't remember which network it is on (good thing Tivo knows!). :)

6. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I think the main reason a show gets canceled has to do with the nights they air. If a network feels they have a strong show they'll air it on a night where the other networks have their best shows in an attempt to attract viewers away from the competition. If the ratings tank then the show gets pulled. Chances are, if they simply switched it to another night it would probably do extremely well and beat out the other networks. Sunday thru Tuesday seem the be the big nights for TV viewing these days. Wednesday thru Saturday aren't as strong as they used to be. Friday is pretty much a wasteland and none of the networks will even touch Saturday prime time.